Rush "Signals" Dolby Atmos Mix! (Box Set Out in April!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is no longer Atmos. But I'm seeing the same thing you are. The tracks in Music on my Mac still show Atmos but play in stereo. On the AppleTV they play in Atmos.

I imagine it is just caching at various levels, will be interesting to see where it settles but I suspect it has been pulled.
If nothing else, this little taste of Rush heaven ensures I’m buying what I’m assuming will be a future box set for Signals.

If nothing else, this little taste of Rush heaven ensures I’m buying what I’m assuming will be a future box set for Signals.
Maybe this whole thing is a plot to sell more box sets. Give us a little taste and then take it away and sell it in a $$$ box set. Conspiracy theories aside hopefully something happens soon because I want to listen to this mix again.

Maybe this whole thing is a plot to sell more box sets. Give us a little taste and then take it away and sell it in a $$$ box set. Conspiracy theories aside hopefully something happens soon because I want to listen to this mix again.
Ha! If it was a plot, it worked. I probably would have been all in for Signals anyway, but hearing the Atmos mix ahead of time means I won’t choke as much when I see the price for the box set.

And not to get ahead of the game, but Grace Under Pressure is my favorite Rush, so I’m hoping this keeps rolling along.

Ha! If it was a plot, it worked. I probably would have been all in for Signals anyway, but hearing the Atmos mix ahead of time means I won’t choke as much when I see the price for the box set.

And not to get ahead of the game, but Grace Under Pressure is my favorite Rush, so I’m hoping this keeps rolling along.
I think Roll The Bones would be killer in atmos....

I think Roll The Bones would be killer in atmos....
Oh boy... as a former fanboi of Rush, and still a fan who holds their work dearly in my heart, I really don't think much of RtB.
There are a few crackin' tunes. But, even if it somehow received the greatest remix of all time, I just don't think it would do much for me, beyond a listen or two.
IMO, it was an awkward creative period, for them.
Now, Presto, on the other hand, I mainly LOVE. A great Atmos remix would thrill me. GUP, PoW, Counterparts too.

Oh boy... as a former fanboi of Rush, and still a fan who holds their work dearly in my heart, I really don't think much of RtB.
There are a few crackin' tunes. But, even if it somehow received the greatest remix of all time, I just don't think it would do much for me, beyond a listen or two.
IMO, it was an awkward creative period, for them.
Now, Presto, on the other hand, I mainly LOVE. A great Atmos remix would thrill me. GUP, PoW, Counterparts too.
Oh, no....oh...no. :( I saw them in Normal, ILLINOIS on the Roll The Bones tour. It has a soft spot in my heart. Amazing.....

Oh, no....oh...no. :( I saw them in Normal, ILLINOIS on the Roll The Bones tour. It has a soft spot in my heart. Amazing.....
No need to fret over others' tastes! I'm happy for anyone who loves RtB. I gave it it's due. It didn't stick. Surprises even me, since they were my #1 band for so many years (and more or less still are, though their pedestal has shortened, while those of other groups have lengthened).

No need to fret over others' tastes! I'm happy for anyone who loves RtB. I gave it it's due. It didn't stick. Surprises even me, since they were my #1 band for so many years (and more or less still are, though their pedestal has shortened, while those of other groups have lengthened).
Primus, and the rap part of Roll The Bones, both got booed in St. Petersburg, Florida when I saw them. I loved both that song and Primus. The rap part was actually in surround sound.

Roll The Bones definitely isn't my favorite Rush album but Dreamline and especially Bravado are two of my favorite Rush songs. Would be amazing to get it in surround someday. I do really regret not buying it on vinyl while the 2015 pressings were still readily available. I had it in my Amazon cart once for less than $20 but I didn't buy it...

I haven't played Roll the Bones in years, but it holds a place in my heart. I met my wife around the time it came out, and Ghost of a Chance kind of became our song. I've been a fan of Rush since they began, but my wife had never seen them in concert. We saw them on the RtB tour, and she really enjoyed it, even though she had grown up listening to other types of music.

RtB analysis:

Super-strong tracks:

Dreamline
Bravado
Ghost of a Chance

Strong tracks:

Where's My Thing?
Face Up
The Big Wheel

So-so tracks:

Bet Your Life
Heresy

Cringy tracks:

RtB (to me)
Neurotica

For me, a Rush album needs to have 40 minutes of awesomeness, minimum, to make it to my preferred albums list. This one just doesn't rate. Interesting experiment though.

RtB analysis:

Super-strong tracks:

Dreamline
Bravado
Ghost of a Chance

Strong tracks:

Where's My Thing?
Face Up
The Big Wheel

So-so tracks:

Bet Your Life
Heresy

Cringy tracks:

RtB (to me)
Neurotica

For me, a Rush album needs to have 40 minutes of awesomeness, minimum, to make it to my preferred albums list. This one just doesn't rate. Interesting experiment though.
Rush set such a high bar. Everything through Power Windows is brilliant.

Back