Jethro Tull 5.1 (“Bursting Out” box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in June 2024!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! That looks just like mine! Except throw in the original Aqualung box with Blu-Ray and original Benefit non-book! I have never even listened to the Aqua-Book! Never opened This Was! One day!

Well worth opening! Great stuff! :cool:
Trying to find another 3 5.1 titles on-line before naming them. Nice little tunes.

I found references about a still unreleased instrumental called "Three Day Song" which was apparently mentioned on the "A New Day" magazine in the 90s, possibly considered for release on the 20th Anniversary box. Could this be one of these titles?

Well worth opening! Great stuff! :cool:

I found references about a still unreleased instrumental called "Three Day Song" which was apparently mentioned on the "A New Day" magazine in the 90s, possibly considered for release on the 20th Anniversary box. Could this be one of these titles?

No.
Searching now, I can't find the titles. Funny thing, Remy Tena shows up when I search two of them. Third title concerns a famous name. I wish the details were posted by Tull Central. Track-list can only add to sales.

Regards

Seems now that the place for JT discussions is here!! ;)

Anxious to learn more about BATB superdeluxe! So much fuzz around at this time...any announcement soon? Or is Ian scared that this might spoil the new heavy metal RockFlute album?
Welcome Daniel. Your Live Detective input is always welcome. Martin Barre blows all those pretenders away. Steven Wilson's mixes make sure of that. It's a keyboard world too.

Cheers!

Hi, John! Thanks for the welcome! Nice to hear from you!!

So excited about this upcoming release! Thanks for all these cool updates about the box. Keep 'em coming :cool: Hope we'll see an announcement soon!

Here's the complete (so far!) collection sitting on my shelf:

View attachment 89021
Beautiful! And should I assume that you store your Ian Anderson collection separate from JT(or am I TAAB 2?). 🤔

Another day closer. More work? What? Might be Cursed twice. 😵
Nice!!

I'm very curious about "Inverness Sleeper": it was one of the titles that were known to be recorded, although it was thought to be dating from the "Walk Into Light" sessions (maybe there are two versions of it?)
Slight repeat: Dec 15th 1981 noted for Maison Rouge Studio ten stereo demo tracks. DJ Dream Honest Girl, & Me, Dinosaur included. "Inverness Sleeper" is a master (5.1). Nothing reminds me of "Walk Into Light".:unsure: However, I will pair it with Trains. 😄

Dec 15th 1981
#1 Song USA: Physical - Olivia Newton-John

#1 Song UK: Don't You Want Me - Human League

🙃

Another day closer. More work? What? Might be Cursed twice. 😵

Slight repeat: Dec 15th 1981 noted for Maison Rouge Studio ten stereo demo tracks. DJ Dream Honest Girl, & Me, Dinosaur included. "Inverness Sleeper" is a master (5.1). Nothing reminds me of "Walk Into Light".:unsure: However, I will pair it with Trains. 😄

Dec 15th 1981
#1 Song USA: Physical - Olivia Newton-John

#1 Song UK: Don't You Want Me - Human League

🙃

10 demo tracks! How cool is that!!! Are these band or solo demos?

Cool infos on "Inverness Sleeper"! The supposed log from the "Walk Into Light" sessions names it "8:40 From Nowhere (Inverness Sleeper)" but I see the "leaked" lyrics say "8:50". Perhaps it got re-recorded with different lyrics! Who knows, maybe we'll hear it on a "Walk Into Light" boxset... if there will ever be one!

In the meantime, I'd sure would like to see a release date for Broadsword as soon as possible! :D As you said a track-list can only add to sales!

Cool infos on "Inverness Sleeper"! The supposed log from the "Walk Into Light" sessions names it "8:40 From Nowhere (Inverness Sleeper)" but I see the "leaked" lyrics say "8:50". Perhaps it got re-recorded with different lyrics! Who knows, maybe we'll hear it on a "Walk Into Light" boxset... if there will ever be one!

In the meantime, I'd sure would like to see a release date for Broadsword as soon as possible! :D As you said a track-list can only add to sales!
Good band demos of Flying Colours, Seal Driver, Crew Nights, Rhythm In Gold, Drive On The Young Side Of Life, Fallen On Hard Times, Jack-A-Lynn...and others mentioned.

"Walk Into Light" bookset...would be amazing added to Under Wraps - or is that just me....:D

Good band demos of Flying Colours, Seal Driver, Crew Nights, Rhythm In Gold, Drive On The Young Side Of Life, Fallen On Hard Times, Jack-A-Lynn...and others mentioned.

"Walk Into Light" bookset...would be amazing added to Under Wraps - or is that just me....:D
Nope, not just you. I think those two albums match up pretty well style-wise if presented together that way.

Nope, not just you. I think those two albums match up pretty well style-wise if presented together that way.
:cool:

5.1 please
4667654471731-product-image-10.jpg

This release was mentioned in another post where someone didn't know it existed. So while some of you may be waiting for the next one....

It's a 4-DVD set of Tull gigs from, as the title suggests, "around the world" and in 5.1. It's going for €46.99 (jpc.de), or £37.49 (Burning Shed), but prices are a lot cheaper if you're outside the UK/Euro zone as tax is deducted. Links for those interested (I haven't checked other sellers):

Jethro Tull: Around The World Live (Deluxe Edition) (4 DVDs) – jpc

https://burningshed.com/store/jethrotull/jethro-tull_around-the-world-live_4dvd

4029759180098.jpg

Someone tell me what is the scoop on Ian Anderson’s release-Book of Changes I just discovered on Apple Music? How do I know nothing about this?!

Not the same Ian, I think. Book of Changes is by Ian A. Anderson, I think Apple Music got a little bit confused with two almost identical Ians
Have you listened to it? Sounds vocally very IA and lots of flute! Sooooooooo…….

Guitar works sounds IA! Listen to this! Got to be!
I looked up Ian A Anderson! This is definitely listed as a release by him! My apologies! However, if anyone listens to this, you may see why I was a little confused! It’s weird, the music is very different. A lot of the acoustic guitar is very reminiscent of our Ian Anderson. Vocal range is very similar. Style is more like late 60s Ian Anderson. The last track, however, was the a live track where he spoke, and it did not sound like what I would’ve expected. So there you go! It’s still worth a listen!

Demo Recording Session - All the band together now: Stereo 48:27sec. Some of the best Tull I've heard in my life. A beautiful tougher sound. (Good sound) In studio all together now chatter makes me think of the Beatles Get Back studio. A Tull fan club album if you will. Special for any group. Martin Barre is just wow, God bless Martin. This could sell as a live in studio album. Thrilling...😎

Back