Tears For Fears "The Hurting" (SDE Blu-Ray #9 with Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listening to samples of the songs on this album, I would say that it is definitely quite a bit different than SFTBC and Seeds. BTW, I never got an email from SDE even though I am subscribed. šŸ§

Shame no new stereo mix will be included but after all he did say TSoLā€™s original Dave Bascombe mix could not be bettered, so I trust his judgement here too.
To me the shame is he did a new stereo instrumental mix and no Atmos or 5.1

Again!

I guess the memo's aren't getting through....

I know there are some others who feel the same that we miss the multichannel instrumental mixes he used to do.

I have to admit I can't off the top of my head name them or even confirm there was more than one but I seem to remember one was XTC and maybe another was Yes?

They are/were just so much more interesting than stereo.

Simple Minds? Don't You (Forget About Me) ? EWtRtW wasn't on the Breakfast Club soundtrack
You're right. I have a memory of one of those teen movies ending with that song as the credits start rolling.

It took me a couple minutes on google to figure it out. The movie "Real Genius" ends with EWtRtW playing. I've watched both movies quite a few times through the years.

I ordered just now. I have an original UK vinyl that sounds quite nice but this will surely become my go-to version. So happy there is a discrete 5.1 mix in addition to Atmos.

Listening to samples of the songs on this album, I would say that it is definitely quite a bit different than SFTBC and Seeds. BTW, I never got an email from SDE even though I am subscribed. šŸ§
Yes - quite a bit different- but they were just finding their voice.
Still - Iā€™d put ā€œChangeā€, ā€œMad Worldā€ & ā€œPale Shelterā€ up against anything they ever did.
Of course, my opinion is worth what you pay for it ā€¦šŸ¤‘

Back