Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1680998092513.png

Da Capo...well done :)

Happy Easter.
I remember a few years ago I was looking at this thread and @GOS posted this and I have never seen it or heard it, never even heard it discussed on QQ, which of course happens a lot. But I saw this album cover he posted, and I thought, Man that is the coolest album cover I ever seen, I just love the colors and I had to have it.
A few years later I am still listening to it, and the box set is a very good one with a nice soft paper feel to the box. I am looking forward to the new box set arriving I would assume very soon.
R-640404-1217273973.jpg

New Music: David Ramirez-Rules & Regulations EP ATMOS MKV downloaded from IAA. Very nice, kind of Country/Americana/Rock.

Recorded at Austin Signal Studios, Rules & Regulations was tracked entirely live with no additional mixing or mastering. The sound engineers used vintage microphones and first-edition recording equipment in combination with Dolby Atmos to produce a raw yet finished sound. Speaking about the recording process, Ramirez shares, “Knowing all of it had to be live, one-take performances with no overdubs, over a two-day period, kept us on our toes and kept it interesting. What could have been a very stressful and unpleasant couple of days ended up being incredibly inspirational. I never thought I’d record in this way again, but I’m now very interested in seeing if I could pull this off on a bigger scale.”
a4148952011_10.jpeg

I think this one sounds better and has better songs then the most recent release, don't you?
View attachment 90408
This is my favorite APP album. Always loved the title track from the day it was released, but it was only when I bought this version that I spent more time listening to it the way I used to listen to albums from start to finish when I could only afford an album or two a month. This album just resonates with me more these days.

And like the song Time that I talked about in the Turn...Card thread, the sentiment in the song Old and Wise really chokes me up grabs me now that I’m older. Those were meaningless lyrics to me back then, but it’s way different today.

An Atmos version would not go unappreciated in my house. Would just require a little tweak to the Blu-ray cover so it said:

Atmos Mix (2023)
5.1 Surround Sound Mix (2017)
& Stereo HD Version (1982)​

Back