The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to offer this ability, but the reality is it's a 6-month IT project to alter two different systems that I will personally have to spec and manage. It's a bespoke bit of development not installing a plug-in. I'm not ruling it out because it would be cool, but the wider question is do you want me to do that or spend my time doing deals with record labels to bring you more of these products. Personally, I think £8 for packaging, fulfilment and tracked and insured postage to the US is quite cheap (!), so I'm a little bit surprised when people complain as if it's insanely expensive to send the blu-rays across the Atlantic.
Well, I am awaiting now 2 orders (TYA and TFF) got the shipment info one day after the other. It's not only the shipment costs but at least in the EU also handling fees for the carrier (DHL i.e.) who charges 6 € for collecting VAT from us. Some other shops in the UK already collect VAT and custom fees up front so that we don't have to pay the carrier.

New Order would be cool!

BTW If anyone has some random questions about Tears For Fears and The Hurting I'll do my best to answer... :)
Steven Morris did a talk with Steven Wilson a few months, and I suggested to Mr Morris that he should have a chat with him about the New Order back catalogue. he did 'Like' my message, so you never know…

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 08.59.47.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 08.59.47.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Manual intervention is probably required, but other retailers—such as Burning Shed—will do it on request, then refund the difference in postage once the final order is compiled and sent.
Good luck to Burning Shed but that's far too manual, massively time consuming and too exposed to human error. It also doesn't work if you have to integrate with other systems as part of the fulfilment process.

Good luck to Burning Shed but that's far too manual, massively time consuming and too exposed to human error. It also doesn't work if you have to integrate with other systems as part of the fulfilment process.
Although they are still relatively small, I imagine Burning Shed has a larger staff and, perhaps, their own software to make it more feasible. Perhaps it would be worth reaching out to Pete Morgan to find out how they do it?

Although they are still relatively small, I imagine Burning Shed has a larger staff and, perhaps, their own software to make it more feasible. Perhaps it would be worth reaching out to Pete Morgan to find out how they do it?
The Shed is small, only a few people, but they ship albums from their own site (it's air conditioned to protect the vinyl!) so can do manual intervention. I think Paul @SDE uses a large external company, Remedy Fulfilment, to stock & ship, so that would be quite a logistical challenge & expense to get them to do it.

Essentially 'Elemental' and 'Raoul and the Kings of Spain' are Roland Orzabal solo projects, so it might open up old wounds :oops:
Absolutely not. Curt was gone but Andy Griffith was Roland's new musical partner. These two albums were as much Tears for Fears as the previous ones. Roland did release a solo album after Raoul.

The Shed is small, only a few people, but they ship albums from their own site (it's air conditioned to protect the vinyl!) so can do manual intervention. I think Paul @SDE uses a large external company, Remedy Fulfilment, to stock & ship, so that would be quite a logistical challenge & expense to get them to do it.
Given how excellent Burning Shed's service is, maybe you should contract with them instead, @PaulatSDE! I wonder if they would entertain that?

On May 25th, SDE sent me a shipping notification for my order of Mike Oldfield / Tubular Bells 50th anniversary limited edition blu-ray. There is no item yet as of today, June 7th.

Sent an email to SDE yesterday about it and am still waiting for their reply. I'm so frustrated right now.

On May 25th, SDE sent me a shipping notification for my order of Mike Oldfield / Tubular Bells 50th anniversary limited edition blu-ray. There is no item yet as of today, June 7th.

Sent an email to SDE yesterday about it and am still waiting for their reply. I'm so frustrated right now.
What does the tracking information tell you?

I went through the same problem, but the package just showed up at my door. It seems the UK tracking doesn't always work. Perhaps check the tracking number with your domestic (US) carrier.

Please point me in the direction of any online stores that allow you to combine pre-orders (e.g. multiple orders where you've already paid for the product and the shipping in advance) without any manual intervention. I.e. you login to your account and select multiple orders and combine them and then you get refunded any shipping and a new confirmation of your 'new' combined order. I'd be amazed if there are any, because that is an incredibly complex thing to do. Even Amazon don't have that facility as far as I'm aware.
If I recall correctly CDJapan does it, but I am sure they are a far bigger organization with expansive IT resources.
To your point, I’d prefer that you spend your time on cooking up new offerings.
Keep up the good - no - GREAT work!
P.S. “The Hurting” is a dream release for me - can’t wait 🤩

Absolutely not. Curt was gone but Andy Griffith was Roland's new musical partner. These two albums were as much Tears for Fears as the previous ones. Roland did release a solo album after Raoul.
Alan Griffiths. Not Barney's buddy. ;)

But he was just as involved in Roland's solo album as he was the two TFF's albums. Also, Curt didn't really have much involvement in "Seeds of Love". So I don't think the degree of 'partnership' was what made it TFF.

My guess is that it probably had more to do with contractual obligations to deliver TFF albums than it did who was or wasn't in the group.

I went through the same problem, but the package just showed up at my door. It seems the UK tracking doesn't always work. Perhaps check the tracking number with your domestic (US) carrier.
Unfortunately that happens within the UK as well, the shop gets a tracking number & posts, and the Post Office doesn't update, happened a lot of times to me, things just appear.

If I recall correctly CDJapan does it, but I am sure they are a far bigger organization with expansive IT resources.
To your point, I’d prefer that you spend your time on cooking up new offerings.
Keep up the good - no - GREAT work!
P.S. “The Hurting” is a dream release for me - can’t wait 🤩
Dream release for me as well.

I was so disappointed that the deluxe set didn't include a surround mix. And with the Seeds of Love box taking YEARS to finally hit the shelves, I figured there was virtually no chance of every seeing one.

That this is coming out now is a more-than-welcome surprise.

Alan Griffiths. Not Barney's buddy. ;)

But he was just as involved in Roland's solo album as he was the two TFF's albums. Also, Curt didn't really have much involvement in "Seeds of Love". So I don't think the degree of 'partnership' was what made it TFF.

My guess is that it probably had more to do with contractual obligations to deliver TFF albums than it did who was or wasn't in the group.
Roland considered going solo after Curt left (or forming a new band called Raoul and the Kings of Spain!), but obviously the TFF name had more value, plus he'd been the driving force anyway and Curt's involvement in Seeds, as you suggest, was rather reduced.

Tomcats Screaming Outside was apparently planned as a TFF release as well, but by that point, Roland and Curt had already started talking again, so it became a solo record instead. (I forget where I read that.)

Either way, I don't think there's an issue when it comes to reissuing those albums except for Curt not being part of any promotion. Raoul already got an expanded version in 2009, and Elemental was slated for a 2CD deluxe years ago, which was only put on halt because the other projects took precedence.

Back