The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is Paul these days. ?????
We are very lucky to have industry folks like Paul from SDE, Steve Woolard from Rhino, and mixer/musician Stephen W Tayler here on QQ. They are under no obligation to post and respond, let alone read threads or tagged posts. Others have been scared off in the past—see mixer/musician Andy Jackson, for example. Let's not take Paul's presence for granted and let's not fall into the trap of expecting him to reply, promptly or otherwise. Be judicious and exercise restraint when tagging him in posts. Thank you, @HenkG, for not tagging him in yours, but then why post such a question in the first place?

We are very lucky to have industry folks like Paul from SDE, Steve Woolard from Rhino, and mixer/musician Stephen W Tayler here on QQ. They are under no obligation to post and respond, let alone read threads or tagged posts. Others have been scared off in the past—see mixer/musician Andy Jackson, for example. Let's not take Paul's presence for granted and let's not fall into the trap of expecting him to reply, promptly or otherwise. Be judicious and exercise restraint when tagging him in posts. Thank you, @HenkG, for not tagging him in yours, but then why post such a question in the first place?
He is not that often visit this place last months.

Where is Paul these days. ?????
He is not that often visit this place last months.
Hopefully he’s busy procuring the next release
I hope these SDE Exclusive Blu-ray disc releases don't become a victim of their success!

We don't want record companies thinking they could issue such releases themselves and cocking everything up... They've been there and done that!

I see someone is selling the Suede release, even though it’s not available yet. Just $87. They do mention that it’s not available until next month, but I guess you'd want to beat the rush and start selling your copy early.

Got a kick from one the seller’s neutral feedbacks:

"The seller cancelled the order due to problems with the supplier. Apparently it was a pre-order situation and the seller never received all the items allotted to re-sell on eBay."
LIMITED EDITION MIKE OLDFIELD TUBULAR BELLS 50TH BLU RAY AUDIO DOLBY ATMOS

Two months?
Mike Oldfield - May 26th
Tears for fears - June 9th
This is June 19th
These are the pre order release dates, I'm referring to announcements/when they were put up for pre order. Tubular Bells was announced and up for pre order on the 31st of march. Up till this point there's generally been an pre order for a new release each month, which is why I mentioned that it's been a bit of time between the last new releases.

I just want David Gilmours album here👇 in Steven Wilson modes before I go. All i want. HURRY!

ALL of it!

Attachments

• 71A4FuLFQVL._SX425_.jpg
    71A4FuLFQVL._SX425_.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I am a big fan of the SDE surround series. That Said I have or have ordered them all. I do have a question to the forum though. Do these releases largely seem to be a bit lower in volume than other Blu-ray discs in your collections?

I am a big fan of the SDE surround series. That Said I have or have ordered them all. I do have a question to the forum though. Do these releases largely seem to be a bit lower in volume than other Blu-ray discs in your collections?
Yes also my experience with the Atmos tracks

Do these releases largely seem to be a bit lower in volume than other Blu-ray discs in your collections?
No worse than any other Atmos Blu-Rays. The delivery specs for Atmos state that the level cannot exceed -18 LKFS, which is usually 5-6 dB quieter than stereo & 5.1 mixes tend to be set at.

The dialnorm is correctly encoded to -31 on all the SDE discs released thus far, unlike some other titles (Frank Zappa's Waka/Wazoo, Rush's Signals, Kiss' Creatures Of The Nights) which causes a huge volume drop.

No worse than any other Atmos Blu-Rays. The delivery specs for Atmos state that the level cannot exceed -18 LKFS, which is usually 5-6 dB quieter than stereo & 5.1 mixes tend to be set at.

The dialnorm is correctly encoded to -31 on all the SDE discs released thus far, unlike some other titles (Frank Zappa's Waka/Wazoo, Rush's Signals, Kiss' Creatures Of The Nights) which causes a huge volume drop.
I believe Ten Years After is also mastered a bit low due to dialnorm IIRC. Not that I'm complaining. Happy to turn the volume knob up instead of dealing with the loudness wars.

Disappointingly there is someone selling copied (i.e BD-Rs) versions of the SDE Tubular Bells disc, and the Bob Dylan disc for £17.99 on eBay, as well as the DSOTM blu-ray. Obviously I’m not going to post a link to it, but if Paul @PaulatSDE reads this and PMs me I’ll happily point him in the direction of this person 🤬
eBay are very fast to respond to reports of counterfeit items, they'll respond just as fast to your report as Paul's. I'll take a look also and report the listings.
If they're still on there, feel free to link to them (it's an eBay link, not a link to download copyright material so not against QQ's TOS) to make it easier for the members here that know how, to start reports.

Back