ABC - The Lexicon Of Love (Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos remixes coming in August 2023; SDE Blu-Ray #12)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My copy is out for delivery. I guess it arrived faster on the left coast(California) than the east coast(Massachusetts). 🤔
Not to mention that IINM, the Jazz Mix is not an instrumental like I thought (so of course, I’m mentioning it) 🤦‍♂️

Now, how about those cue sheet timings; is there a problem on the 5.1’s or just the Atmos’? :)

Went through the same procedure yesterday (made 5.1 FLACs, Atmos MKVs, etc) - one annoying thing I noticed is that the chapter markers are a bit off on a few of the songs, so if you split the tracks you'll end up with the last note of "Show Me" at the beginning of "Poison Arrow" and so on. Also probably best to leave "Many Happy Returns" and "Tears Are Not Enough" as a single continuous file if your player doesn't support gapless.

Not to mention that IINM, the Jazz Mix is not an instrumental like I thought (so of course, I’m mentioning it) 🤦‍♂️

Now, how about those cue sheet timings; is there a problem on the 5.1’s or just the Atmos’? :)
Yep, Ok, I see it now, hadn't really listened to everything that closely as of yet. So is this considered an "authoring" mistake?

CUE OFF DREGGS.jpg

Went through the same procedure yesterday (made 5.1 FLACs, Atmos MKVs, etc) - one annoying thing I noticed is that the chapter markers are a bit off on a few of the songs, so if you split the tracks you'll end up with the last note of "Show Me" at the beginning of "Poison Arrow" and so on. Also probably best to leave "Many Happy Returns" and "Tears Are Not Enough" as a single continuous file if your player doesn't support gapless.

Usually on releases like this there are significant time differences between the SW remix/5.1 mix and the original mix so they end up making separate titles for each one so they can all have their own chapter markings.

On this release the times are all pretty close, within a couple of seconds so it looks like someone thought they must all be the same and lumped them in to one title with one set of chapter marks that just aren't right across all the mixes. I would have thought it would be correct for at least one of the mixes (maybe it is for the Atmos mix since that is the one I didn't rip/look at).

Note that the stereo mix and instrumental mix both have the exact same errors but the errors on the 5.1 and original mix are different. That makes sense.

Sloppy.

Thanks to Garry's MMH, here are the times that seem to work for me if you want to edit the MKV file.

Here's the Chapter Editor-

MMH CHAPTER EDITOR.jpg

and here's a pic of the times (I opened each file in Audacity and made sure the times were reasonably correct to the 0:001 sec.) Some of these songs have very tight breaks.
*make sure to hit "Save" at the bottom to change the MKV cue times!

if anyone finds errors, let me know please?

ABC CUE TIMES ADJ.jpg

As a Mac user I’ve never seen the interface for foobar. Thank you for that. Does anyone know a Mac equivalent?
That's not the standard fb2k interface. The standard interface looks like this on macOS:

IMG_0812.png

However, the macOS version doesn't support third party components like the Windows and Linux versions do. I'm not sure there's a free macOS app with the same feature set. I'd recommend JRiver Media Center for a full-featured audio player, supporting multichannel and DSD (including SACD .iso).

Haven’t had a listen as of yet. I’m currently ripping my copy first; afterwards, I’ll get to listen to the rips as I permanently retire the disc to storage.
Ha well, why can't you just listen and enjoy the disc? And then get around to ripping tomorrow?
OTOH, I enjoy the 'physicality' of separating the disc each time I spin it from its secure plastic teeth, demagnetizing it and walking over to my player which, BTW, has a Rosetta like Shakti Stone atop.....inserting it....and then pressing PLAY...burning OFF at least 10 calories!

BTW, I have spun the 5.1/Stereo remix and Instrumental Stereo mix of Lexicon of Love and kudos to the Band, Steve Wilson and Paul Sinclair @ SDE for making this Pure Audio BD~A possible.

Back