Zappa - Over-Nite Sensation 50th (New Atmos & 5.1 mixes, plus Quad mix on Blu-Ray!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
upto "Fifty-Fifty" at the moment, wow this is stunning!! 🤯😍

way more Surround-y than i remember the old Quad being last time i played it 💘🥳
It’s going to take all my being not to listen to the streaming version until my Blu-ray arrives. Haven’t gotten a notification from Zappa Store saying it’s shipped so I probably won’t be seeing it until next Friday at the earliest.

Has sampled through the album in Atmos, played all of Dinah Moe Humm. :cool: This is a very good mix, really got my meters something to work with.;) Very good fidelity, looking forward to listen to it in full later tonight. The price is high, $120 for 35 minutes of Atmos music, but so be it, it's Zappa afterall.:)
Order it from Amazon ca. It is $91.99 Cdn.

Order it from Amazon ca. It is $91.99 Cdn.
Pluss Norwegian VAT on the sales price and postage and a $15 handling fee on top of that. ;)
I bought the set from a Norwegian vendor, it's expensive, but hey I got it today. Now a shave and a shower and down to my music room to listen with good cup of coffee and a glass of Brandy.:cool:

• Wow
Reactions: GOS
It's back up to $65 at the Zappa store then. I just ordered from them. Maybe they get some of the profits? Sure as hell am not ordering from Amazon's bootlegger & profiteer haven! (The bluray is probably still genuine but... Amazon... just no!)

Should have been paying more attention. Now I get to wait!
I could probably find an older poor decode of a SQ vinyl rip and simulate the streaming sound in the meantime. Not going to do that!

I could probably find an older poor decode of a SQ vinyl rip and simulate the streaming sound in the meantime.
I'm not sure where you'd find such a thing as Overnite Sensation was released on CD-4 LP, not SQ. And the comparison isn't really apt as a SQ was a 4-2-4 matrix format and Atmos streaming, though lossy, is discrete...

Please forgive the inaccuracy in my cheap poke at lossy streaming.
Just imagine the worst case improper playback attempt with that CD-4 vinyl then! :D

Pluss Norwegian VAT on the sales price and postage and a $15 handling fee on top of that. ;)
I bought the set from a Norwegian vendor, it's expensive, but hey I got it today. Now a shave and a shower and down to my music room to listen with good cup of coffee and a glass of Brandy.:cool:
Mine coming on Monday.Your VAT is a killer in Europe.Enjoy your listening:)
:)

Who is the mix engineer on these new mixes? Same person as Waka Jawaka & Grand Wazoo?
Those were a bold calling card! Obviously looking forward to that but I think I'll have to listen to the original Zappa quad mix first for this and Apostrophe' when it comes out next year.

So who was the Ikeisadouche? Ike or his label?

• Haha
Reactions: GOS
My copy arrived today, but I can't listen just yet, as my son is in there on the PS5. The box has an annoying sticker on the back, on the outside of the shrinkwrap, which needs careful handling.

Back