Peter Gabriel I/O (2CD/Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos mix out 12/1!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick question: Is it true the 2 cd only version has an internal booklet with lyrics and images while the 2 cd + Blu-ray doesn't get one?

If you are asking about the new I/O release, my 2CD/1 Blu-Ray copy ordered from Burning Shed does have a booklet but it does not have lyrics.

The booklet has an associated graphic images to each song and detail who played what on that track. It also has a paragraph on connecting a visual to a song and a few pages of “thank you” credits.

But no lyrics in the green spine Bright-Side, Dark Side, In-Side Mix release.

If you are asking about the new I/O release, my 2CD/1 Blu-Ray copy ordered from Burning Shed does have a booklet but it does not have lyrics.

The booklet has an associated graphic images to each song and detail who played what on that track. It also has a paragraph on connecting a visual to a song and a few pages of “thank you” credits.

But no lyrics in the green spine Bright-Side, Dark Side, In-Side Mix release.
Same as mine. And scrolling lyrics don't come up yet using kodi. Got to get a tablet and bring up lyrics. I just started seriously listening to this. What a wonderful album.

I ordered the 2CD/1BD from jpc back on 10/18 and haven't received it yet.

The invoice states:
delivery date is 01.12.2023

If that means Dec. 1st then it's late or lost etc. IMO; or if it is Jan. 12th then it should read 2024.
I need to figure out how to check on their site with my order number :unsure:

anyone have a clue on this?

The invoice states:

If that means Dec. 1st then it's late or lost etc. IMO; or if it is Jan. 12th then it should read 2024.

As jpc is in Germany I would say it indicates 1st Dec 2023, which was the release date for i/o in the UK/Europe, so hopefully yours is on its way.

Porch pirates
Even though it's fairly rampant in my area; I don't believe I've ever had anything stolen like that. More likely the mail person had delivered to a neighbors' box by mistake and the neighbor kept it; that's happened a few times before.

As jpc is in Germany I would say it indicates 1st Dec 2023, which was the release date for i/o in the UK/Europe, so hopefully yours is on its way.

Wondering more like if anyone had gotten their jpc of this on the west coast USA already? It'll probably get here today 🤞

The invoice states:

If it's any consolation, Pup: ditto for me. Dec. 1--which was the release date for i/o--was also the shipping date, but my copy hasn't arrived yet, either.

I had another order from JPC that shipped about a week earlier and arrived in under two weeks. But maybe the holidays have slowed things down. Unfortunately the DHL tracking numbers they provide are virtually useless--they seem to pertain only to the short German leg of the journey.

I printed out the lyrics from his website, 27 pages because all the photos are inbetween the songs, too much hassle to cut and paste the lyrics to save paper, having the lyrics does make a difference until you get to know them anyway

The invoice states:

If you have an account with them, it's super easy. Without an account, I doubt you can check. Unless you initiate a chat (again, may only work if you have an account)

1703014286556.png

I also got the 2 CD/BR Set and ripped the CD's with my Bluesound Vault 2i. I ripp all CD's to the Flac format (other options are WAV, mp3) as a fix setting onto the internal Hard Disc. Anyway when I checked the Hard Drive content of the ripper via my network and computer I found a new song in the "rips" folder which normally is empty. The name of the song was not indicated just cryptical letters and it's a WAV format. The song is about 6 minutes long, sounds like Peter Gabriel (which also fits to the indicated time when I ripped the CD`s) but seems to be a different one from the others. Does anyone have a clou what this is??

I also got the 2 CD/BR Set and ripped the CD's with my Bluesound Vault 2i. I ripp all CD's to the Flac format (other options are WAV, mp3) as a fix setting onto the internal Hard Disc. Anyway when I checked the Hard Drive content of the ripper via my network and computer I found a new song in the "rips" folder which normally is empty. The name of the song was not indicated just cryptical letters and it's a WAV format. The song is about 6 minutes long, sounds like Peter Gabriel (which also fits to the indicated time when I ripped the CD`s) but seems to be a different one from the others. Does anyone have a clou what this is??
Can you try shazam to identify the track?

We interrupt your regular programming to offer a Genesis Midnight Special performance from December 20, 1973.
Happy Solstice.

Genesis performing live during the 'Selling England By The Pound' tour on the NBC television show 'Midnight Special' at NBC Studios in Burbank, California. The band played two songs: 'Watcher Of The Skies' and 'The Musical Box'. This was the band's first visit to the US west coast after a three night, six concert engagement at the Roxy Theater in West Hollywood.

I finally could identify the song, it's not a new or different one it's from the dark side mix. So I haven't found an easter egg :ROFLMAO:

My JPC order of the BDA/CD set finally arrived today so hopefully everyone waiting has already gotten theirs. Shipped on 11/30. Probably the longest I've waited for a JPC delivery!

So far, I'm loving the album, but am considerably less impressed with the Atmos mix, which just doesn't seem to work on my system. I know that I am Atmos compatible as discs of Steven Wilson's The Harmony Codex and King Crimson's new(Ish) Atmos mix of In the Court of the Crimson King (plus others) play beautifully.

In contrast, i/o is encoded as DD + DSur on my Denon A/V Receiver and only appears to play as stereo. The DarkMix through multichannel stereo sounds much better, but I feel I'm missing out on the advertised 3D experience. I thought the problem might be with the disc itself, so I exchanged it only to get the same flat sound with the replacement.

Any suggestions on how I might resolve this, short of investing in a new system? TIA

So far, I'm loving the album, but am considerably less impressed with the Atmos mix, which just doesn't seem to work on my system. I know that I am Atmos compatible as discs of Steven Wilson's The Harmony Codex and King Crimson's new(Ish) Atmos mix of In the Court of the Crimson King (plus others) play beautifully.

In contrast, i/o is encoded as DD + DSur on my Denon A/V Receiver and only appears to play as stereo. The DarkMix through multichannel stereo sounds much better, but I feel I'm missing out on the advertised 3D experience. I thought the problem might be with the disc itself, so I exchanged it only to get the same flat sound with the replacement.

Any suggestions on how I might resolve this, short of investing in a new system? TIA
Have you tried pure button?

Back