Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All posts concerning animals belong in the QQ Pet and Critters Thread. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Hoppy Easter...in Quad!!!

πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡
LvlLWnV.jpeg

Eye on you. Happy Easter. Funny how we end up looking like our dogs. :LOL:

I need to vent about decaf coffee. There is no chance that it is as good as regular. I'm tired of folks who keep chirping that if your decaf isn't as good as regular then...

• Use filtered water (I am)
  • Buy a better brew system (I did)
  • Buy whole bean from a reputable vendor) (I do)
  • Try different brands until you find one that you like (I have)

Bottom line, decaf coffee tastes like burnt cardboard...compared to a high quality medium roast whole bean coffee. Night and day, end of story. Decaf blows.

I need to vent about decaf coffee. There is no chance that it is as good as regular. I'm tired of folks who keep chirping that if your decaf isn't as good as regular then...

Bottom line, decaf coffee tastes like burnt cardboard...compared to a high quality medium roast whole bean coffee. Night and day, end of story. Decaf blows.

OK, maybe, just maybe... if you...

• Put sugar in your coffee
  • Put flavored creamer in your coffee
  • Have your head buried in the sand
Then, your decaf "may" be about half as good as regular. Otherwise......go take a hike.

OK, maybe, just maybe... if you...

• Put sugar in your coffee
  • Put flavored creamer in your coffee
  • Have your head buried in the sand
Then, your decaf "may" be about half as good as regular. Otherwise......go take a hike.
And decaf does absolutely nothing to help a migraine...or any other headache for that matter. That's why they put caffeine in Excedrin.

I'm sure most of you know this already, but I found out yesyerday that Steven Wilson's album Hand. Cannot. Erase. was inspired by the sad story of Joyce Carol Vincent.

You will find a link to a documentary about her case at the bottom on the post. The quality is horrible as whomever posted it simply filmed his computer monitor. The story is still heart wrenching.

from Wikipedia:

According to Wilson, the album is written from a female perspective, and the concept and story are inspired by the case of Joyce Carol Vincent, where a woman living in a large city dies in her apartment and no one misses her for over two years, despite her having family and friends.[7] Wilson explained:

"The basic story, or concept of the record – it's about a woman growing up, who goes to live in the city, very isolated, and she disappears one day and no one notices. There's more to it than that. Now, what's really interesting about this story is that your initial reaction when you hear a story like that is, 'Ah, little old bag lady that no one notices, no one cares about.' [Vincent] wasn't [like that]. She was young, she was popular, she was attractive, she had many friends, she had family, but for whatever reason, nobody missed her for three years."[7]

Aye, never touch it myself, and apart from the taste, its the natural endorphin/dopamine hit that drinking coffee produces (triggered by the caffeine) I like! Otherwise I'd drink tea - which I didn't drink until the end of my second year at Uni as I realised I was drinking way too much coffee when revising!

In all my years of life I had never been jealous at people without pollen allergies. Until now. I hate you all. I want to sit outside too.
I feel for folks with pollen allergies. My oldest boy has really bad allergies, mostly springtime, and it simply wrecks him. When he was about 10 years old, he had an episode with allergies and he asked me to take him to the emergency room because he said he could not breath. On the way there he looked at me and said "Dad, am I going to die"

Well, yeah. That broke my heart a little and made me laugh inside at the same time.

In all my years of life I had never been jealous at people without pollen allergies. Until now. I hate you all. I want to sit outside too.
I had debilitating fall "hayfever" allergies. The allergy pills were brutal and as much a problem as the allergies. Lost a full month and a half every year.

Someone turned me onto nettle pills. Freeze dried ground stinging nettles. It was described not as a more natural anti histamine or substitute for the pills, but something that would settle your immune system from over reacting over time.

As told, it seemed like they did nothing at first. Even the first 3 years. But then... I've been allergy free for 20 years now, No pills. No nothing. No symptoms. Not even in the season.

Right, so I've heard that people can spontaneously get/lose allergies! I don't have a control group data point for myself. Either I got coincidentally lucky with that or maybe the nettles were a miracle cure.

That's my hayfever story.

The number of people affect by seasonal allergies seem to be increasing. I had been relatively free of them, but the last few years I've found the spring season to be not so nice to me for a few weeks. Those bloody Covid cloth masks actually turned out to be very effective when I'm mowing the lawn; and yet they are not as uncomfortable as those pollen and dust masks.

I was in my early/mid 20s when I started to get hay-fever after working in a building with no opening windows just aircon! Its not as bad as it was, but its never gone away. I did used to get pounding headaches as a kid (as did my mother) from the pollen from the white flowers on privet hedges and I still do - funnily enough when I got my first hangover it reminded me of the privet hedge headache :p

When I was a young boy, due to extreme allergies to pollen and such, my mother drug me to the clinic twice a week to get three shots per trip...I forget what they called them, but I think they were just tiny doses of what I was most allergic to. I do not know if it helped, but she stopped taking me because I disliked going so much...and had fits about it.

I always like the story during my cowboy years, my father took me to pick up some hay. I told him, "Dad, I am very allergic to oat hay and that is a very large stack of bails..."

He said "Boy, I am not going to tell you again, get up there and buck that hay...boy". I remember on the way home, thinking I was dying in the back seat, with welts all over my body and restricted breathing. My eyes nearly swollen shut and itching like the devil. But by God, the hay got bucked. Those days are gone for the most part.

When I was a young boy, due to extreme allergies to pollen and such, my mother drug me to the clinic twice a week to get three shots per trip...I forget what they called them, but I think they were just tiny doses of what I was most allergic to. I do not know if it helped, but she stopped taking me because I disliked going so much...and had fits about it.

I always like the story during my cowboy years, my father took me to pick up some hay. I told him, "Dad, I am very allergic to oat hay and that is a very large stack of bails..."

He said "Boy, I am not going to tell you again, get up there and buck that hay...boy". I remember on the way home, thinking I was dying in the back seat, with welts all over my body and restricted breathing. My eyes nearly swollen shut and itching like the devil. But by God, the hay got bucked. Those days are gone for the most part.
These days your father would be in trouble for doing that. It would be considered child abuse. I'm not saying I feel that way about it, but there would be a lot of people that would.

Back