Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And decaf does absolutely nothing to help a migraine...or any other headache for that matter. That's why they put caffeine in Excedrin.

And decaf does absolutely nothing to help a migraine...or any other headache for that matter. That's why they put caffeine in Excedrin.
I personally like the quote at the bottom....

OK, maybe, just maybe... if you...

• Put sugar in your coffee
  • Put flavored creamer in your coffee
  • Have your head buried in the sand
Then, your decaf "may" be about half as good as regular. Otherwise......go take a hike.
If it’s decaf, it’s already an abomination, so adulterating that non-elixir is not a crime. The motal sin has already been committed.

All praise the name of Java, the mystic maid of the morn, who doth restore life upon the somnolent.
Java’s Witness

In all my years of life I had never been jealous at people without pollen allergies. Until now. I hate you all. I want to sit outside too.
I had allergies for decades, while living primarily in California. I think I might have outgrown most of them at age 62 or so. I have very little allergic reaction in Idaho, but my mother (age 97) is miserable all summer.

When I was a young boy, due to extreme allergies to pollen and such, my mother drug me to the clinic twice a week to get three shots per trip...I forget what they called them, but I think they were just tiny doses of what I was most allergic to. I do not know if it helped, but she stopped taking me because I disliked going so much...and had fits about it.

I always like the story during my cowboy years, my father took me to pick up some hay. I told him, "Dad, I am very allergic to oat hay and that is a very large stack of bails..."

He said "Boy, I am not going to tell you again, get up there and buck that hay...boy". I remember on the way home, thinking I was dying in the back seat, with welts all over my body and restricted breathing. My eyes nearly swollen shut and itching like the devil. But by God, the hay got bucked. Those days are gone for the most part.
Similar story. I spent the summer of ‘65 riding behind a hay baler with my nose running like a faucet, and the evenings coughing so much my throat would close up.

Nope, not going to be a hay farmer!

I to have allergies but the doctor has no idea as to why....I have paid very close attention and the weather does not make a difference nor does mowing the lawn, etc, etc.....the only thing I can think of is the change in atmospheric pressure because when I am out on the deck, in the house, in somebody else's house, etc, etc, my eyes start to sting, my throat sounds rough like I am getting a head cold, I get stuffed up, etc, etc.....after awhile I can actually feel the pressure being released and just like turning a light switch on and off, that is exactly how fast it changes....doesn't matter if it is cold, warm, raining, snow, pollen, dust, animals, etc...etc....so that is what I think my problem is....

my turn at The Allergy Diaries -
I grew up in the country on a farm.
1. Poison Ivy - hate that shit now. In my youth I was never allergic to it. We played in it, we ate it ( perhaps ). Never an issue. Now someone says 'poison ivy'
and I catch it. Bad. My wife is in the same boat. She just got over a bout that needed steroids.
2. Ragweed - again - no problem in my youth. At about 40 years old spanning 4 or 5 years I had major issues with it in the early Fall. Then - the issues disappeared and have never returned so Fall has been enjoyable for many many years since
Thank you for listening

I to have allergies but the doctor has no idea as to why....I have paid very close attention and the weather does not make a difference nor does mowing the lawn, etc, etc.....the only thing I can think of is the change in atmospheric pressure because when I am out on the deck, in the house, in somebody else's house, etc, etc, my eyes start to sting, my throat sounds rough like I am getting a head cold, I get stuffed up, etc, etc.....after awhile I can actually feel the pressure being released and just like turning a light switch on and off, that is exactly how fast it changes....doesn't matter if it is cold, warm, raining, snow, pollen, dust, animals, etc...etc....so that is what I think my problem is....
Reflux? LPR can cause symptoms like that with nose, throat, stuffiness. But I’ve never heard of it causing itchy eyes.

my turn at The Allergy Diaries -
I grew up in the country on a farm.
1. Poison Ivy - hate that shit now. In my youth I was never allergic to it. We played in it, we ate it ( perhaps ). Never an issue. Now someone says 'poison ivy'
and I catch it. Bad. My wife is in the same boat. She just got over a bout that needed steroids.
2. Ragweed - again - no problem in my youth. At about 40 years old spanning 4 or 5 years I had major issues with it in the early Fall. Then - the issues disappeared and have never returned so Fall has been enjoyable for many many years since
Thank you for listening
Puting a hepafiltration system in that A/V barn that you’re building?

Poison Ivy - hate that shit now.

I dread the day I get poison oak again. It was horrible 30 years ago when I last had it. Hate to think what would happen now. Last time, I had the oil on my hands, and thereafter relieved myself.

I nearly scratched my huevos clean off...misery me. It spread all about from there.

Sometimes you just don't want to work on things anymore...because the problem with work is that it's WORK. Ugh.

Anyway, to my folks in the northern parts of the US, are you enjoying the snow today?

I had debilitating fall "hayfever" allergies. The allergy pills were brutal and as much a problem as the allergies. Lost a full month and a half every year.

Someone turned me onto nettle pills. Freeze dried ground stinging nettles. It was described not as a more natural anti histamine or substitute for the pills, but something that would settle your immune system from over reacting over time.

As told, it seemed like they did nothing at first. Even the first 3 years. But then... I've been allergy free for 20 years now, No pills. No nothing. No symptoms. Not even in the season.

Right, so I've heard that people can spontaneously get/lose allergies! I don't have a control group data point for myself. Either I got coincidentally lucky with that or maybe the nettles were a miracle cure.

That's my hayfever story.
I just pulled a few of these young weed plants outta my yard. I can mail them to you if you'd like Jim. I also hear that the leaves can be soaked and cooked, and tastes like spinach. BTW, what's the going price for dried Nettles anyway :LOL:

I've also had hay-fever from grasses and weed pollen all my life (used to be brutal), but in the last 10 years it's gradually declined to a point I no longer have to take anything. 😌

Sometimes you just don't want to work on things anymore...because the problem with work is that it's WORK. Ugh.

Anyway, to my folks in the northern parts of the US, are you enjoying the snow today?
It's snowing here in central Illinois, only it's not sticking. Regardless, it's a really nasty day.

Back