Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lionel Richie Just For You [Island Records/mch SACD] This album grows on me the more I hear it.

s-l1600.jpg

amazing surround and sound quality on the Raiders' Indian Restaurant Reservation for four btw!!! 🤣
Larry Keyes (CBS' "Quad Scheiner" imho) does it again!! ❤

Seriously Adam, I haven't seen you this happy since you learned to ride a bicycle .... without the training wheels ..... or when Mrs. B discovered you were finally potty trained!

All this news of DV shipments arriving has me jonesing, and it was only yesterday I received me "shipped" email, though I placed my order on 25 July (my Charlie Rich disc must have been on the truck that broke down!). But it's all cool--I have plenty to listen to here, and this one
1564637204598.png

just arrived today. I've been reading positive reviews of it for quite a long time, and I feel fortunate to have a copy. And like @Mesozoic Mike, I'm playing something peaceful and easy before the Guess Who and Paul Revere and the Raiders show up(eace)

View attachment 42256

William Walton: Cello Concerto
Ina Boyle: Elegie for cello & orchestra
Edward Elgar: Cello Concerto

Nadège Rochat (cello)
Staatskapelle Weimar
Paul Meyer (conductor)
You know I looovvve the Cello Lute, does this have a very discrete mix (I'll probably check it out regardless?)

You know I looovvve the Cello Lute, does this have a very discrete mix (I'll probably check it out regardless?)
It's a lovely program of cello music. The performance is excellent. The surround mix is immersive. It's not super discrete like TACET, but the surrounds create a nice wrap-a-round soundstage. Definitely recommended if you like late romantic music for cello and orchestra. 🌹 :)(y)

BIRD 3 [Silverline Rercords/MLP DVD~A 5.1 96/24] One of the better Silverline hi res discs

5182hV8zx9L.jpg

5.0 out of 5 starsAbsolute Proof that Talent has LITTLE to do with Success.
September 15, 2010
Format: Audio CD
It is a cold, hard truth, that success often has little to do with effort or talent (see Jersey Shore, Paris Hilton, K-Fed, Kim Kardashian, etc.). Being well-connected has always been an easier route, and it has still yielded marvelous results. Of course, there are always exceptions but then it depends a lot on the climate that you are in, your audience, are they 'ready' for you, and for what you have to say. If not, then your chances of success drop considerably. It is called "wrong place-wrong time syndrome" and we have all encountered it. When it happens to a rock band, they can literally disappear with only a cd proving they ever existed. Bird 3 is such a band. I have seen rare photos of Bird (the lead guitar player and singer), apparently he liked to wear white wings on his back while he played, and he a little off (clearly). But he was also a virtuoso guitar player. There is a legend that at one show he didn't like how he was playing and went into a 5-minute solo that (apparently) would have rivaled some of Jimi Hendrix' finest live work. I don't know if any of that is true, and I don't really care, it is a nifty legend. What I do know is that this is easily one of the best albums to come out in 2001; a year that saw the rise of the White Stripes, Interpol, Coldplay, to name a few. If you like the Foo Fighters' early sound, this album is indispensable. Every song is outstanding; and yet, sadly, no one knows. There are no websites, no wikis, no blogs. It's almost like they never even existed. But they did, and we have proof, and we are very glad we do.

Last edited:
Just had Les Miserables 5.1 delivered. Steer cleer this disc is a complete waste of money for surround quality it is terrible, voices only out of center and too loud, no rears I turned it off after a couple of songs and put the movie Blu ray on so much better.
This disc makes you appreciate how great the the likes of Schneiner and Wilson discs are.

Back