Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a consolation for your NON~enjoyment of the 5.1 remix:

See the source image
Oh! I WANT one of those! My daughter's FAVORITE film!

View attachment 42270

George Onslow: Quintet, Op. 81, Sextet, Op. 30

Ma'alot Quintett
Markus Becker (piano)
Nabil Shehata (double bass)

Delightful, sunny music for wind instruments, piano and double bass. Similar to Mozart and Beethoven’s Quintets for Piano and Winds. Surround mix is ambient but it helps fill out the soundstage.
Dang it Lute; you know you're costing me big bucks - right?

the 5.1 Birds i'm most interested in are Elton's 'High Flying Bird' on that "Don't Shoot Me.." SACD and The Byrds' "5D" mixed by Thom Cadley!! 🦇
Wow! What I wouldn't give for those unreleased Elton's and some Byrds! Actually, there is ONE thing I wouldn't give:

1564777763017.png

My daughter turns 23 next month--she is gonna LOVE this! Bird 3 yesterday and Tippi today . . . And I thought I was only spending too much money on surround sound by watching this site!

Wow! What I wouldn't give for those unreleased Elton's and some Byrds! Actually, there is ONE thing I wouldn't give:

View attachment 42273

My daughter turns 23 next month--she is gonna LOVE this! Bird 3 yesterday and Tippi today . . . And I thought I was only spending too much money on surround sound by watching this site!

A Big Bird shout out to Clement and to his daughter who turns 23 in September

See the source image

For those in search of an Endless Summer [Silverline/MLP DVD~A 5.1]

51joK6f8DEL.jpg

Fun Fun FUN!

the precious marine life is crying out! they're suffering at the hands of all the pollution from some of the, frankly, subpar Silverline mixes.
i just gave the first half dozen tracks from that Bird3 DVD-A another go to refresh my memory and i had to stop. if you can find genuinely unique content in the Rears you're a better man than me, Ralphiekins. the Centre has nice dry lead vocal and isolated drum parts but from what i could make out almost all that stuff's everywhere else as well most of the time, just at different levels (louder in the Fronts, more muted in the Rears).. speaking of levels, the Front pair are often so overloud they clip. i'll give it another go soon just to make sure i'm not being a sourpuss but so far so not so good..

the precious marine life is crying out! they're suffering at the hands of all the pollution from some of the, frankly, subpar Silverline mixes.
i just gave the first half dozen tracks from that Bird3 DVD-A another go to refresh my memory and i had to stop. if you can find genuinely unique content in the Rears you're a better man than me, Ralphiekins. the Centre has nice dry lead vocal and isolated drum parts but from what i could make out almost all that stuff's everywhere else as well most of the time, just at different levels (louder in the Fronts, more muted in the Rears).. speaking of levels, the Front pair are often so overloud they clip. i'll give it another go soon just to make sure i'm not being a sourpuss but so far so not so good..

Oy, my fair feathered friend. My 'treated' BIRD 3 disc [replete with GREEN INKED EDGES] is hardly a bastion of discrete sonics but at NO time did it CLIP on my system. Think of it as a WALL of SOUND .....some of the quieter moments sounded superb ....almost audiophile ..... and I did watch the ho hum slide show which accompanied the music on my OLED TV. Certainly NOT one of Ken Caillat's finer moments but wholly respectable....but certainly not in accordance with your ping pong wizardly standards.

So my advice, dear [explosive] ATOM ....... play with your Trippy Tippi Barbie doll and you can gently wash her hair and shiek couture outfit with [patented] fairy liquid.....being careful to respect all private parts with utmost discretion!😱

See the source image

Last edited:
Oy, my fair feathered friend. My 'treated' BIRD 3 disc [replete with GREEN INKED EDGES] is hardly a bastion of discrete sonics but at NO time did it CLIP on my system. Think of it as a WALL of SOUND .....some of the quieter moments sounded superb ....almost audiophile ..... and I did watch the ho hum slide show which accompanied the music on my OLED TV. Certainly NOT one of Ken Caillat's finer moments but wholly respectable....but certainly not in accordance with your ping pong wizardly standards.

So my advice, dear [explosive] ATOM ....... play with your Trippy Tippi Barbie doll and you can gently wash her hair and shiek couture outfit with [patented] fairy liquid.....being careful to respect all private parts with utmost discretion!😱

See the source image

screw Tippi Barbie, i want a Rod Taylor Ken doll! from a surround point of view, to me the Bird mix is kinda shit and no amount of spit and polish could buff up that turd! paint it green, paint it red, paint it all the colours of the rainbow it'll still come out brown and smelling of what you grow roses in rather than a sweet rose itself!

before i forget, i'll give that Les Mis B&O HFPA BD another crack in the morning (i don't remember a thing about it but Goona reckons its a total dud, so i'm prepared for more surround underwhelmed-ness! if there is such a word!! ahh.. spoilt by the DV wizardly standards indeed! 🤣

screw Tippi Barbie, i want a Rod Taylor Ken doll! from a surround point of view, to me the Bird mix is kinda shit and no amount of spit and polish could buff up that turd! paint it green, paint it red, paint it all the colours of the rainbow it'll still come out brown and smelling of what you grow roses in rather than a sweet rose itself!

before i forget, i'll give that Les Mis B&O HFPA BD another crack in the morning (i don't remember a thing about it but Goona reckons its a total dud, so i'm prepared for more surround underwhelmed-ness! if there is such a word!! ahh.. spoilt by the DV wizardly standards indeed! 🤣

AMEN to THAT, Brother Buckley .... when it comes to Discrete Surround

See the source image

With ROD in HAND ........

Last edited:
screw Tippi Barbie, i want a Rod Taylor Ken doll! from a surround point of view, . . .
Be careful what you wish for:

1564791934632.png

How about a Harley Ken?

Screenshot 2019-08-02 at 7.28.50 PM.png

Me? I've always been partial to Winkies!

1564792344584.png

And it comes with a flying monkey! Which brings me to what I'm listening to now:

1564792467235.png

Bluray Surround! Peace

Attachments

• 1564792149003.png
    1564792149003.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 93
Back