New Alan Parsons in surround! "The Secret" out in April

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the back cover image:
R-13536111-1556057675-8684.jpeg.jpg

So if the back cover is to be believed, DTS is as good as it gets for this release.

Indeed. The only use of that nomenclature I can find online is in listings for this release. I'm not even sure DTS have a stereo codec.

There is a standard DTS Stereo codec. One example I have of DTS 2.0 is on the "Polyphonic Spree" DVD-A, where the mix breakdown option can be heard in DTS Stereo.

Probably not. I was being a bit facetious as it WAS originally touted as a LOSSLESS DVD~A.......it's DTS and doesn't even have a 96/24 Stereo Remaster. Should have it by next week .... and the price IS right!

A German Stereo magazine touted the mix as being "Hi-Def" as well. All listings I've found (JPC, eBay etc.) still say it's a DVD-Audio. Maybe (at least I hope) there are two versions?

All listings I've found (JPC, eBay etc.) still say it's a DVD-Audio. Maybe (at least I hope) there are two versions?

It’s relatively common for record companies to mislabel DVD-Video releases as DVD-Audio. Recent examples include The Velvet Underground’s Loaded and The Moody Blues’ In Search Of The Lost Chord.

Back