Pink Floyd - The Later Years (1987-2019) [CD/DVD/Blu-Ray Box Set]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uhmmm, does this release in Q4 rule out any hopes for Animals SACD this year? There are at least two other Floyd related items that can be set free in 2019:
Water's Us and and Them concert
Mason's gig
Plus the revisited Pompeii.
Again, my personal opinion is that we will only get the Later Years box in 2019, hope I'm wrong!

Let's make an educated guess on the cover and the format. I'd vote for a bed shaped box or outer decoration reproducing the motives of PF's zeppelin used during TDB tour.
Place your bets!
Someone posted over at SHF, but maybe, as they did with TEY van, they'll model the box after their flight case used during the tours.

Now that all the guitars have been sold you can expect to see Pink Floyd ramping up the teasers on social media platforms. Photos, music and videos from The Later Years' era have been posted over the past two weeks and a special radio edit of High Hopes recently appeared on Spotify. The official announcement can't be too far off.

Even Life in Surround is covering it!

I spy an anticipatory Animals, set aside to the left!
Great job as always Mike; thanks for the summation of all this info.
This new box set may be a hard sell for me as I have the prior titles you mentioned. Of course, adding more up to date performances can play into that decision depending on the price point, and also I'm sure you're aware of my feelings towards large box sets.
I would like to know where you got your stand alone Atom Heart Mother at?
Rock On!!!

I spy an anticipatory Animals, set aside to the left!
Great job as always Mike; thanks for the summation of all this info.
This new box set may be a hard sell for me as I have the prior titles you mentioned. Of course, adding more up to date performances can play into that decision depending on the price point, and also I'm sure you're aware of my feelings towards large box sets.
I would like to know where you got your stand alone Atom Heart Mother at?
Rock On!!!
AHM comes in the Deviation set!

Hey Mike, great video. I hadn't been keeping up with the latest goings-on so great to see your vid and hear where things are currently at.

I hope whatever monkeying they do with A Momentary Lapse of Reason doesn't mess with it. Meatier drums would be good and there's always the CD to fall back on if I don't like whatever gets done to it. No reason why they couldn't have 2 versions (original and new) of the album in the set.

I like Delicate Sound of Thunder way more than Pulse and would be keen to compare a BD release of The Division Bell with the DVD.

If these 3 are in the set and the price isn't stupid, I'll get it.

Back