RUSH 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(y)2112 would be awesome....

So would the rest of the catalog too (y)

Wow, that would be nice! Wasn't the plan to do Vapor Trails next? I thought that was supposed to follow Moving Pictures. It would be great if they kept going, but I haven't heard anything about VP since the release of Moving Pictures...

If true, very good news. If not or to artists not considering this approach, I would say simply this:

At this point in time 2011, since we already own lot's of High Resolution discs and faithfully BUY music, as an artist you can't resell your music just as a "Re-Mastered" CD for a 3rd or 4th time. Your old catalog of titles are now effectively "dead in the water." You must step it up for the 21st Century. If nothing else to "future proof" your music with the 24 bit / 96 kHz sound. Once you have the sound preserved, you now have Multiple approaches to the material: more than one new Stereo/Multi-Channel mix as well as the inclusion of vintage Stereo/Multi-Channel mixes.

I would love to hear a Surround mix from the Master tapes of Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, Counterparts, A Farewell to Kings, Fly by Night, Rush, 2112 and Signals. Those would be on the top of my list.

indeed it's good news at times of mostly bad ones.
back in march i suggested that most likely they will redo into MC their catalog and gave most logical reasons to why.
damn, it's pleasant to be right once in a while :)
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...H-Moving-Pictures-reissue&p=122807#post122807
isn't would be nice if more artists will follow this path.

b.t.w. some week ago or so Rush has signed with Roadrunner which seems do have slightly more progressive approach to audio formats.

Last edited:
Hey check out these links from amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Sector-CD-Box...=sr_1_4?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1316916165&sr=1-4
http://www.amazon.com/Sector-CD-Box...=sr_1_3?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1316916165&sr=1-3
http://www.amazon.com/Sector-CD-Box...=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1316916165&sr=1-2

Each are listed as 5 CD Box Sets, but I bet there are 10 discs per box, CD & DVD with 5.1 surround mix.

I'd say the first box contains RUSH, Fly by Night, Caress of Steel, 2112, and A Farewell to Kings. The second box will have Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Signals, and Grace Under Pressure. And the third box will contain Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, Presto, Roll the Bones, and Counterparts.

Now there's no 4th box listed currently. Maybe a 4th box will come out in Spring 2012 with Test for Echo, Vapor Trails, Feedback, Snakes & Arrows, and Clockwork Angels.

Now this is all speculation of course, but I still think that's the only thing it could be. No sense in reissuing just the CDs again and we have had some confirmation from Geddy about Rich remixing the entire catalogue.

I am very hopeful, and excited about this. With confirmation I am all in - on all, and my wife will have my Christmas present already picked out. Win, win!

the guy in avsforum said that 'last week' they were planning to do 5.1 for all their albums...and all of them will be ready to release in 2 months...are you guys being a little too positive?

Just like Amazon Universal Denmark lists these boxsets as "just" audio CD's.
31.10.11 Rush Sector 1 5 original albums remastered, packaged chronologically. 5CD
31.10.11 Rush Sector 2 5 original albums remastered, packaged chronologically. 5CD
31.10.11 Rush Sector 3 5 original albums remastered, packaged chronologically. 5CD
Guess we have to wait at least a little longer.

Just like Amazon Universal Denmark lists these boxsets as "just" audio CD's.

Guess we have to wait at least a little longer.

Well if that's the case then Box 1 is probably RUSH-2112, plus All the World's A Stage
Box 2 is A Farewell to Kings-Moving Pictures, plus Exit Stage Left
And Box 3 is Signals-Hold Your Fire, plus A Show of Hands

I'll be disappointed if these are just regular CDs again with bonus tracks, extras, etc. but my wallet will breathe a sigh of relief with all of these other huge reissues coming out.

Well if that's the case then Box 1 is probably RUSH-2112, plus All the World's A Stage
Box 2 is A Farewell to Kings-Moving Pictures, plus Exit Stage Left
And Box 3 is Signals-Hold Your Fire, plus A Show of Hands

I agree - for their first 15 albums (possibly 20, but I stopped paying attention), Rush did 4 studio followed by 1 live and then repeated - it was a pattern that I would guess they would follow here.

True there is an incentive to get these out for the Christmas shopping season but it's really heavy lifting for all concerned. Typically boxes like this are staggered releases to maintain attention to each one and allow wallet recovery.

This information is most welcomed but too damn sketchy to know what's up.

weird. i can't believe that since april/may 15 albums was remixed into surround and offered in one shoot.
something here wrong, but would be much better if my suspicion would turn out to be non grounded
i hope Neil has bit of info.

I would gladly pay $60 for the first five studio albums remixes in hi Rez 5.1. Same for the second five and the rest, even though i already have moving pictures in both DVD-A and blu-Ray. As Odys says, probably too good to be true.

Mike, I think the Blog info got changed, although it does still say there might be a CD/DVD combo. Unreleased video's in order to get one to buy?

Given this information and the tight timeframe for release, it looks like these will not be remastered in any way - especially not 5.1 - and is likely just another attempt by Universal to capitalize on Rush's back catalog.

The Amazon US price for these went down to about $50 ... I preordered and will wait to hear about the content...this way I'm assured the lowest possible price from Amazon at least.

Back