RUSH 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has ever surfaced a report about the Moving Pictures sales, especially CD+DVD vs CD-BR?

Has ever surfaced a report about the Moving Pictures sales, especially CD+DVD vs CD-BR?
6 month only. for such fresh release it's too early to sales to be revealed.
here is some amazon statistic. i see it as pretty satisfactory:

Canada (DVDA)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #8,964 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
#21 in Music > Canadian Music > Rock > Progressive
#91 in Music > Canadian Music > Rock > Hard Rock & Metal
at present sold out (last seen was CAN$ 14.99)
Canada (BD)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #4,923 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
#8 in Music > Canadian Music > Rock > Progressive
#44 in Music > Canadian Music > Rock > Hard Rock & Metal
#53 in Music > Canadian Music > Hard Rock & Metal
in stock CDN$ 24.99

USA (DVDA)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #6,383 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
in stock $22.48
USA (BD)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,983 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
in stock $25.68

England (DVDA)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 23,332 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
£12.37 only 4 left in stock
England (BD)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 24,721 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
£15.99 Only 4 left in stock

France (DVDA)
Classement des meilleures ventes d'Amazon: 68.895 en Musique (Voir les 100 premiers en Musique)
EUR 17,15 Plus que 4 ex (only 4 left in stock)
France (BD)
Classement des meilleures ventes d'Amazon: 124.369 en Musique (Voir les 100 premiers en Musique)
EUR 29,04 En stock, mais la livraison peut nécessiter jusqu'à 2 jours supplémentaires (needs 2 days to fulfil order)

Germany (DVDA)
Amazon Bestseller-Rang: Nr. 86.927 in Musik (Siehe Top 100 in Musik)
EUR 20,99 Auf Lager (in stock)
Germany (BD)
Amazon Bestseller-Rang: Nr. 84.925 in Musik (Siehe Top 100 in Musik)
EUR 26,99 Nur noch 4 Stück auf Lager (only 4 left in stock)

No 2112 in 5.1 is a major disappointment! I'll still probably wind up buying the boxes anyway, especially at $45.

Perhaps "2112" will be released later on. Great news nonetheless. "A Farewell to Kings" is my favorite. "Cygnus X-1" should be killer in 5.1!

Did they give up on Blu-ray??

Interesting... With the DSOTM and WYWH Immersion sets weighing on my wallet I'll probably skip these. Also the three that will be 5.1 are not my favorites, though the price is pretty reasonable. I wonder if they ran out of time to mix them all or if the 5.1 discs are just a teaser to get people to buy yet another remaster. I can see myself getting suckered into buying these if the reviews come in glowing...

I believe the band was already talking about 2112 in 5.1 around the time we saw them in April. Lots of speculation about this on that website, I also suspect we'll see more later on.

The drag in all this special packaging by labels lately is dangling some amazing carrots to also purchase other stuff we don't want nearly as much.

My dilemma, I pre-ordered these three box sets on amazon fearing there might not be a future release (such as the moving pictures release with only the cd/dvd or cd/bluray)...I wonder if I should cancel and wait to see...

I went ahead and cancelled my pre-order and told amazon the reason...so, hopefully, the cd/dvd or cd/blu-ray sets will be forthcoming.

STEPHEN COLBERT WAS RIGHT!

So we're supposed to buy FIVE CDs that presumably any Rush fan would already have to get ONE 5.1 DVD?

Stephen Colbert once asked Rush if there was a chance that the name of their next album would be "That's Bullshit". He was right on the money!

Well, if the boxes go down to $35 bucks or less shipped from Amazon, might not be a bad deal if you don't already own these on CD. Otherwise, my house is beginning to look like a record store.. :eek:

I think the issue for us is we get these things and do not get any communication as to why they were put out this way with no other options. If we had the info or reasoning, we're quite understanding. But the record companies didn't ask us, the consumer for our input as to what was wanted. Rush didn't ask us the fans either despite having a "message" board. As it is now, if we buy a box with the CD of 2112, only to get a CD/DVD-A/BR later, we now have 3 or 4 versions on CD.

They should have just done the CD/DVD-A/BR thing, going through their catalog. Or pick just DVD-A or BR if cost is an issue. Like I said, if these boxes go low enough and the mixes quite good, might not be a bad deal.

Can someone explain this? The article says the CDs are remastered at 24bit 96kHZ. But aren't CDs 16bit and 44.1? I don't understand.

I have seen this listed on other reissues. Am I missing something?

Can someone explain this? The article says the CDs are remastered at 24bit 96kHZ. But aren't CDs 16bit and 44.1? I don't understand.

I have seen this listed on other reissues. Am I missing something?

Yes, I think when you master like this and down mix to CD, there is better sound here. I've done this myself with Quad conversions to SQ/QS CDs. Nothing really need be done to the transfer aside from the down mix to CD. But it is a CD in the end and 16 bit / 44.1 kHz is still 16 bit / 44.1.

They should have just done the CD/DVD-A/BR thing, going through their catalog. Or pick just DVD-A or BR if cost is an issue. Like I said, if these boxes go low enough and the mixes quite good, might not be a bad deal.

I agree with everything you said, Old Quad Guy, but this last statement is particularly true, and without any real evidence I believe it's been shown to be a good idea with the King Crimson releases.

Aqualung, DSOTM, WYWH, Sector 1, Sector 2, Sector 3, and no doubt some new, as yet undisclosed, deluxe edition coming soon. The amount of greed is reaching a critical mass.
absolutely with you on this. but then again - we have been catched to live at time of dieing capitalism in it's most highest
rotten phase, when greed been declared as a new norm of life. almost like religion :)
but let's look at good sign. finally something have changed in approach of the labels to surround format.
yes, now it cost over the roof, but i hope very soon (at least with present convulsing economy), excitement among consumers
soon would vaporize and labels will be forced to review their marketing policies.

On the other hand, one could argue that we should be glad to finally be getting so much surround sound music in a single year ;) Is it really so bad to have one year that drains our wallets a bit for things we've really wanted??

Mind you, I fully agree that the companies should have put out different, more consumer friendly box sets or simply cd/dvd or cd/blu-ray sets.

Back