What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Psurroundabout Ride - Dukes of XTC CD/Blu-Ray. IMHO, their best album. This is the third copy I've bought: CD (Chips), xpanded UK CD's are the others.

It just showed up this morning. I had this preordered for weeks at Amazon. Several of you complained (quite rightly) about this and other delayed new releases through Amazon. Prime, my ass!

Psurroundabout Ride - Dukes of XTC CD/Blu-Ray. IMHO, their best album. This is the third copy I've bought: CD (Chips), xpanded UK CD's are the others.

It just showed up this morning. I had this preordered for weeks at Amazon. Several of you complained (quite rightly) about this and other delayed new releases through Amazon. Prime, my ass!

It's kind of weird but Amazon UK seem to have adopted a policy of promising to deliver on the Tuesday following a Friday release date for pre-ordered CDs which doesn't really line up with their next day delivery for Prime members. Maybe it's the usual attempt to lower expectations so that earlier deliveries make them look as they have achieved something but I can't see why there should be delays on orders placed weeks or months in advance (unless there is some sort of suppliers delay).

I just added 16 RBCDs from Dutton Vocalion's fall sale including Benny Goodman LIVE at Carnegie Hall and B G Live in Copenhagen [both double LP sets}......Gabor Szabo's NIGHTFLIGHT, A Cleo Laine two~fer, A Concert with Henry Mancini and Johnny Mathis, Peter Nero, Arthur Fiedler's Jalousie and a concert with Arthur Fiedler and Peter Nero, two Martin Denny two~fers and some of Jackie Gleason's 'romantic' outings [with some of the great jazz soloists of the day], etc.

Most were between £.99 and £1.99 and all were meticulously remastered from the original analogue masters by Michael Dutton.

This is of course in addition to four Classical SACDs from D~V's October 2019 batch.

Clockwork Orange ~ Wendy Carlos's Complete Original Score HDCD

R-193356-1487790620-1203.jpeg.jpg

Switched-On Bach HDCD

R-546244-1129860533.jpeg.jpg
R-546244-1408086918-4081.jpeg.jpg

R-546244-1408086918-9329.jpeg.jpg

Well, by this time tomorrow, for me it will be Waiting For The Sun, 50th anniversary Doors. Vinyl, and a couple CD's. Whoopoppppeeee!

And, I really do LOVE the times I live in. Instant gratification. I ordered this title today around noon....on a Saturday. Sitting in my chair....drinking a beer. Then, by early afternoon, I get this message saying it will be delivered tomorrow.....on a Sunday. YES!!

1572721309327.png

buying spree, some buy 2 get 1, some used, some new .. Marillion Live In Glasgow, Marbles, Afraid of Sunlight box, Tull Stormwatch box, Crim Audio Diary, Elements 2018 and 2019, Beatles 1+, Anathema Distant Satellites w/5.a DVD, Ayreon Human Equation, Flying Colors 3rd Degree, ELP Brain Salad w/96k version dvd, Porky Tree Arriving (w/br) and Anesthetize (w/dvd). And of course not belonging to this thread, Criterion Godzilla Showa Years.

Yes, exceptional. Dutton is just awesome...

Im still wading through my pile of 16 D~V RBCDs [at THAT nicest of prices] and not a dud in the batch. The same care Michael exercises in remastering for SACD is likewise evident in his RBCD transfers [AFAIK from the original analogue masters].

MOST of them are also double CDs [2 complete albums on 1 disc although some are 2 CDs] with bonus tracks which just makes the pot that much sweeter ❤

Last edited:
Back