What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. fredblue

Yes I got frustrated with uploading My photos to at one time.
I herd someone said there were no limits on size of photos you load, but there is and I have to down size my photo to be accepted, every time I forget to I cant upload
Bill..

sure, just having a problem with photobucket at the min :eek:

(Edit: I'll just email you the pics Dave, idk what's up with photofuckit tonight but I can't upload anything to it! Dammit! :D )

Freddie,

Wow you've glommd onto two excellent SQ Quads. Hope you didn't have to pay too much?

Enjoy those two, they are two of my fave and demo SQ quad discs.:D(y)(y)

Freddie,

Wow you've glommd onto two excellent SQ Quads. Hope you didn't have to pay too much?

Enjoy those two, they are two of my fave and demo SQ quad discs.:D(y)(y)

Nah.. the shipping's usually more than the disc and was way more than the vinyl in both these cases (TYA from Europe, Firesign from the States). I will do just that my fizzy friend, soon as I can afford a decent replacement turntable :eek:

Hi. fredblue

Hint...... Hint.......there is the new Sony Hi Res PS-HX500 turn table, you may need to lose a leg & arm to buy one though....:eek:

Nah.. the shipping's usually more than the disc and was way more than the vinyl in both these cases (TYA from Europe, Firesign from the States). I will do just that my fizzy friend, soon as I can afford a decent replacement turntable :eek:

Hi. All

Back with more matrix LP`s

( Project 3. QS- PRQD 5063 Movie Hits )-
( CBS. SQ- M2Q 32469 Anthony Newman Lutheran Organ Mass 2 LP set )-
( Supraphon. SQ- QZB 1410 2073 Schumann Franck Symphonic Variations )-

IMG_1091.jpg
IMG_1092.jpg
IMG_1093.jpg
IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg
IMG_1089.jpg
IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg
IMG_1085.jpg

Hi. All

I`ve got a bit of a back log of matrix LP`s came today.

( Columbia. SQ CQ 32216- West. Bruce & laing Whatever Turns You On )-
( Columbia. SQ CQ 31929- West. Bruce & laing Why Dontcha )-
( Ovation. QS OVQD/14-27- Laura Comin`apart factory sealed new )-
( Ovation. QS OVQD/1436- laura Yager Play With Fire factory sealed new)-
( Stanyan Records. SQ SRQ 4000- Beautiful Music To Love By )-
( Projevt3. QS PR5066 QD- Urbie Green )-
( Columbia. SQ M2Q 31398- Anthony Newman & Friends Bach The Six Brandenburg Concertos )-
( World Record Club EMI. SQ W.R.C-QR 04996- Improvisations east meets west, volume3 )-
( EMI. Japan SQ EAC-80037- Rimsky Korsakov Schrherazade Rostropovitch Orchestre De Paris )-

IMG_1109.jpg
IMG_1111.jpg
IMG_1112.jpg
IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg
IMG_1106.jpg
IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg
IMG_1125.jpg

Last edited:
Nice titles! :)

I'd love to hear what Urbie Green does with Uncle Albert/Admiral halsey. :)

Hi. jaybird100

Since the label on this Angel "Scheherazade" doesn't specify SQ, nor does the front of the jacket, it's possible that this was RM. Many of EMI's quad releases, which were in SQ elsewhere, were in QS/RM in Japan. Does the back of the cover specify which matrix was used on this record?

No there is no markings on the front or the back just on the LP it`s self .
The Japanese LP designated number is (Q2LA-9142) & It`s stamped on the inner groove as well.
The EMI Australian SQ number is (Q2LA9142)
I have been buying the Japanese Classical LP`S for a short time so I will do a test of the 2 I have and see if that is true thanks for that..
here is the Australian LP.

Scan-160630-0002.jpg

BBQ,

Gold Mine on those two West Bruce & Laing, me thinks. The Why Dontcha has a great quad arc or circle on the title track for your speakers to play with.(y)

BBQ,

Gold Mine on those two West Bruce & Laing, me thinks. The Why Dontcha has a great quad arc or circle on the title track for your speakers to play with.(y)

Why Dontcha's pretty cool all round.. but the other west Bruce & Laing sounds like it was recorded through a sock, awful muddy grungey sound, though the Quad mix isn't bad, it might be whatever turns some people on, I spose!

Back