2022 SURROUND RELEASES

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even with todays fast internet speeds, I just don't understand the point of (352.8kHz/24-bit LPCM) DXD audio streams. Indeed, a 5.1-channel audio stream comes in at around 50.8 Megabits per second... Which is huge!

Great, added to the list, thanks!
Also, didn't have a clue that 2L offer so many multichannel format options:
View attachment 82403
How long (didn't know, & don't really care, but) have they been putting MQA on the CD layer?

I got a pre-order into US Amazon, WTH, hope the music is decent.
Like that they show this, Atmos etc...

1660757774282.png

How long (didn't know, & don't really care, but) have they been putting MQA on the CD layer?

I got a pre-order into US Amazon, WTH, hope the music is decent.
Like that they show this, Atmos etc...

View attachment 82426
I really like the choral group (Nidarosdomens jentekor) and the chamber group (Trondheim Solistene), who have both appeared on a number of 2L releases. Their previous collab, Magnificat, is streaming in Atmos on Apple Music; maybe this one is, too? I don't especially care for Kim André Arnesen's music--a bit too middlebrow for me--but the immersive mix should be fabulous.

I really like the choral group (Nidarosdomens jentekor) and the chamber group (Trondheim Solistene), who have both appeared on a number of 2L releases. Their previous collab, Magnificat, is streaming in Atmos on Apple Music; maybe this one is, too? I don't especially care for Kim André Arnesen's music--a bit too middlebrow for me--but the immersive mix should be fabulous.
It was Ruth Potter (Harp) that caught my attention for some reason-

http://www.2l.no/pages/album/152.html

It was Ruth Potter (Harp) that caught my attention for some reason-

http://www.2l.no/pages/album/152.html
Interesting to me that on the catalogue pages for a lot of the older 2L albums whose surround mixes topped out at 5.1 or 7.1, they mention that there is an "archival" mix--"(not distributed)" in 7.1.4. Wonder why they don't "distribute" those immersive mixes now, as download-only?

Even with todays fast internet speeds, I just don't understand the point of (352.8kHz/24-bit LPCM) DXD audio streams. Indeed, a 5.1-channel audio stream comes in at around 50.8 Megabits per second... Which is huge!
I’m not sure why they go beyond 96kHz. That’s already overkill, but four times that speed is lost on everyone but the dogs, and probably lost on most of them.

Actually, you have a point here. I was gonna leave this one out as a re-press, but forgot completely about the corrected disc issue and that it has been out of print for so long too. Inserted now - thanks for the reminder!
I'm late to the surround music party, I really hope all of these Jethro Tull boxsets get a re-press! The out of print prices are a bit steep.

Four of them are still available new at retail prices -- see this post from a thread that's dedicated to the Tull anniversary reissues.
Thanks for the info, I discovered surround music at the end of 2019 so I was able to get a re-press of the Aqualung Collector's Edition and since then I bought these four albums as well as Heavy Horses. With TAAB getting a reissue, I'm hoping to get the six albums I'm missing at retail price too :)

Thanks for the info, I discovered surround music at the end of 2019 so I was able to get a re-press of the Aqualung Collector's Edition and since then I bought these four albums as well as Heavy Horses. With TAAB getting a reissue, I'm hoping to get the six albums I'm missing at retail price too :)
I hope you get that chance, along with everyone else who missed out on them the first go-round. Both Ian Anderson and Steven Wilson have said in the past that these sets would never be reprinted, but then the TAAB reissue was announced, so maybe Ian's changed his mind. I'm sure he gets asked about it a lot. Glad to hear you've already snagged all the in-print ones.

Back