5 More Vocalion Surround SACD Releases - Earth, Wind & Fire, O'Jays, Harold Melvin & Blue Notes, Miracles, Helen Reddy (Jan 2020)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just love it when this bunch stays on topic!

AR, for a thread on D~V's latest batch of R/B Discs we're right on topic: RAUNCHY & BLUSTERY!

See the source image

BTW, an unusual phenomenon occurred with my latest January '20 shipment of D~V discs. NONE of the cases were cracked but those little 'teeth' holding the discs in on four of the 6 discs were splintered ..... two of which so badly, I had to replace the inner plastic casings.

Anyone else experience these issues? If you leave those shattered teeth inside the case they will eventually scratch the discs.

Never had this happen before. Thankfully, playback of those discs were in no way affected.

BTW, an unusual phenomenon occurred with my latest January '20 shipment of D~V discs. NONE of the cases were cracked but those little 'teeth' holding the discs in on four of the 6 discs were splintered ..... two of which so badly, I had to replace the inner plastic casings.

Anyone else experience these issues? If you leave those shattered teeth inside the case they will eventually scratch the discs.

Never had this happen before. Thankfully, playback of those discs were in no way affected.
I’ve had this happen a small handful of times on stereo box sets.

I just opened the Christmas six and no damage to the jewel cases or the ”teeth.” But this is the set with Booger Bear et al, not the EW&F et al group. (I will be ordering those today hopefully. Too much travel is impacting my Quad listening sessions. Also DV’s prolific production is killing me. Please DV...beat me again! :p)

I just ordered the January five plus 10/Road Food (My "keep-one-waiting-in-the-wings" title to satisfy the "even-number-of-discs-in-the-shipment" superstition.) This time I used Priority Delivery with tracking. Let's see how long it takes. I'm also requesting the tracking number from DV immediately to watch how it works. Perhaps tracking may not be necessary with Priority Delivery? Tracking on Priority Delivery costs an extra 5GBP. I shall see.

It happened with my discs too. To much pressure on the package by the postman. Must be going to the gym...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A500FU met Tapatalk

It happened with my discs too. To much pressure on the package by the postman. Must be going to the gym...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A500FU met Tapatalk

Since NONE of my discs had cracked outer cases .... I suspect one of the elves was quick to place them in their holders and applied too much pressure. I can only imagine that we're talking literally thousands of discs and a ton of orders and a smallish staff. But cannot complain [even though I did] because of the awesome content ..... and incredibly low prices.

just put my order in :)
DSML8571

Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes - Black and Blue & Wake Up Everybody [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
£11.99

£11.99

CDSML8574

Earth, Wind & Fire - Spirit & That's the Way of the World [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
£11.99

£11.99

CDSML8566

The O'Jays - Survival & Family Reunion [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
£11.99

£11.99

CDSML8569

The Miracles - Love Crazy & Miracles [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel / Stereo]
£11.99

£11.99

CDSML8573

Paul Mauriat - Love Sounds Journey & bonus tracks [SACD Hybrid Stereo]
£11.99

£11.99

CDLK4627

Helen Reddy - I Am Woman & Long Hard Climb [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Woo Hoo!! they arrived today. Now I feel like track 13....

Screenshot_2020-02-03-20-52-55-5.jpg

Currrently doing a first listen of the Helen Reddy two-fer. Maybe the rumours of dementia are true. Going by the disc title she is not sure she is a woman.... :p

Screenshot_2020-02-03-20-54-06-85.jpg

Back