A RED Venus & Mars Q8

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003

Attachments

• red.jpg
    red.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 180
The Eagles "One of these Nights" tape that seller has is also red. Maybe his camera is just a little off?

You are probably right. These are the purple carts, his TINT must be amiss!

JonUrban said:
You are probably right. These are the purple carts, his TINT must be amiss!

I don't think so. The "planets" on the label are the correct color. If the camera was off, all the colors would be goofed up, not just the cart. The orange "planet" would come out looking green.
The red RCA carts a a-dime-a-dozen for no-demand country artists and soundtracks and are going for less on eBay than quad compatible bona-fide blank cartridges. Use a scanner to copy the color labels, some contact cement, a quick dub from the original Q8 (or at least as much as will fit) and Bingo! You win the "Sound Values" award of the new century. Also suspicious is that both the Eagles and Wings titles have been hot lately on eBay. His Carpenters tape is from Ontario. Did Canadian issues have different labels/shells?. Or maybe his camera's spectral range is reversed! :mad:@:

Last edited:
I asked the seller if these were genuine, his response:
You asked:
"Are you stating that the Eagles Q8 and the Venus & Mars Q8 are original, not rerecorded? A lot of us have never seen these in a red cartridge before."

we are acting as agents IT is what it is! 3 Day return if not happy

Heck, knowing what Beatles fans (including myself) will shell out for rare variations, they should make the red cart a selling point!

ress4278 said:
I asked the seller if these were genuine, his response:
You asked:
"Are you stating that the Eagles Q8 and the Venus & Mars Q8 are original, not rerecorded? A lot of us have never seen these in a red cartridge before."

we are acting as agents IT is what it is! 3 Day return if not happy

Egad! That type of response seems vaguely familiar, like from our old friend .....oh, never mind. ;) Seller's posted new quads now, and there is no doubt now that his camera is off. Another purple Capitol issue (Fly Like An Eagle) is red and take a look at this BS & T Columbia tape:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4066086451&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

this sucka is chocolate brown instead of dark grey, and the label is way too red. Maybe the seller is dipping the Q8's into egg coloring baths for an Easter effect.. Easter does come pretty early this year. :D

I have two words for the seller:

WHITE BALANCE

I won one of these auctions and can confirm what we all figured out: his camera is way off.

Back