Adam Schlesinger dies of COVID-19

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big bummer. Valley Winter Song is one of my all-time favorite tunes. I still can see that golden retriever running around and the kids making snow angels to this song in that circa 2008 LL Bean commercial.

The song is in @humprof post at about 4 minutes in. The studio version is one that really sounds fantastic played through the SMv2.

PS The band is named for a store on US 46 in Wayne, NJ. I passed it countless times on the way to Willowbrook Mall. Never went in it, but you could see tons of stuff they kept out front of this very large store.

Last edited:
Most here probably know The Fountains of Wayne songs...but have you heard the Robbie Fulks lovingly done tongue-in-cheek tribute?

Thanks for sharing. Found this about this song and a quote from Adam in it that shows Adam's humor:

https://edcyphers.com/tag/fountains-of-wayne-hotline/
According to Yep Roc, FOW’s Adam Schlesinger says, “If Robbie Fulks wants to ride someone’s coattails, he ought to pick someone more famous than us. We, for example, cover Britney Spears songs to get attention. But hey, we’re still flattered. In fact, we might hire him to write our next album for us.”

Back