ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
79a032c90699b667c785ce8315640fff.jpg

Just finished ripping my dad’s original 1966 mono version. It was pretty noisy, but declicked better than I could have imagined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I don't even know what the "going price" is for the Super Duper Deluxe box of Guns/Roses. Don't care as I have the "regular" box set. Anyway, got an email from Popmarket, and they are selling it for $859.99

I guess more interestingly, is it says there are 10,000 units worldwide. :)

The uber box set started at $1,000....if someone is interested...NOW amazon warehouse has some at $611.57

Nah, I bought a recent Beatles reissue that is like a roller coaster, I'm going to have to employ the Kapn's oven baking process on it. What was that recipe again.... 10 minutes at 130 degrees Fahrenheit? hahaha

Actually, the proven method is to put a bunch of records on top of it for 3 months or so...obviously horizontally!!

or Van Halen...who cashed in big time on it...I loved their music...but when David was the front man...I did enjoy his singing...BUT I just couldn't watch him...he made my skin crawl...but Eddie's guitar work was amazing...

DLR, Robert Plant & Freddie Mercury we’re in their time the best front men in the world 😀😀😀. Loved watching all of them. Roger Daltery doesn’t make the final list, I hate to say. Can’t stand him as a person, he’s such an ASS. I know from my own experiences dealing with him

DLR, Robert Plant & Freddie Mercury we’re in their time the best front men in the world 😀😀😀. Loved watching all of them. Roger Daltery doesn’t make the final list, I hate to say. Can’t stand him as a person, he’s such an ASS. I know from my own experiences dealing with him

Freddie was awesome...not sold on Robert Plant...loved the music but I usually gravitated to Jimmy Page....but when I think of the best front man... they are the ones that elevated their bands the most...the first was Jim Morrison..without him the Doors would have been relegated to a local band playing on the Sunset Strip...and the other is Mick Jagger...his energy pushed the Stones up to the top tier of the music industry....and honorable mention...Ozzy...he led the way in heavy metal when he was with Black Sabbath...

There is another category....not really the "front" man...but singers that made their bands top tier....guys like Peter Cetera from Chicago...Steve Perry from Journey...and Geddy Lee from Rush...when you think about Geddy and Steve...their voices are so unique that finding a replacement is pretty much impossible...and IMO...when Peter Cetera left Chicago it went from a national band to a regional one...still good...but not great...

Freddie was awesome...not sold on Robert Plant...loved the music but I usually gravitated to Jimmy Page....but when I think of the best front man... they are the ones that elevated their bands the most...the first was Jim Morrison..without him the Doors would have been relegated to a local band playing on the Sunset Strip...and the other is Mick Jagger...his energy pushed the Stones up to the top tier of the music industry....and honorable mention...Ozzy...he led the way in heavy metal when he was with Black Sabbath...

There is another category....not really the "front" man...but singers that made their bands top tier....guys like Peter Cetera from Chicago...Steve Perry from Journey...and Geddy Lee from Rush...when you think about Geddy and Steve...their voices are so unique that finding a replacement is pretty much impossible...and IMO...when Peter Cetera left Chicago it went from a national band to a regional one...still good...but not great...

Klaus Meine falls into this catagory......

Back