ALL ABOUT MUSIC

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK then. I will post here. So, I crept even further down the dark path and purchased a few FLAC music files via Acoustic Sounds. My instant feeling is that...yes.....the FLAC files are inferior to the DSD files. But......DSD files are limited in numbers. FLAC files are growing at a very fast rate. Are they better than standard CD's? I dunno. But, I do have some non scientific comments.....

So - I just bought VAN HALEN - WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST. I chose the FLAC 192 khz / 24 Bit download....it's the best they have for that title.

XWAR91252F192__104733__03252015034616-2889.jpg

Let me say - I can tell you that this is the very best I've heard this particular title. But, realizing that this style of music (bombastic hard rock in your face) is probably hard to improve upon. I know this album well enough that I instantly noticed an improved bottom end and "jammability". Still, it was lacking some lower end, which I easily fixed by adjusting my SUB. Don't like doing that...but the controls are an arm length away for me...so no biggie.

I'm very pleased with how I can flat out turn this up to maximum volume. Again, sounds about as good as it ever has. So, for that...being a HALEN fan from the Roth era...I'm very happy with this purchase. All I can say is.....TURN IT UP FOR MAXIMUM RESULTS.....

Take Your Whiskey Home...sounds amazing IMO!!

The HD tracks downloads have better numbers than the CD versions HERE

Couple more comments about the FLAC version of Van Halen. I've listened to the whole disc. No doubt whatsoever that this FLAC file is much improved sonics over any version I've ever heard. I'm freaking pleased as hell. I heard pieces of songs I didn't know existed.....so cool. I might go ahead and buy the FLAC of Van Halen II! I chose Women and Children First cause I figured it was newer and potentially sounded better.....

On Van Halen II the HD Tracks version has good numbers HERE

Oh boy - so I just purchased Van Halen II FLAC from Acoustic Sounds.....I assumed it would not sound as good as Women and Children First....eh.....

It has more punch and more clarity I think. wow! I'm so pleased with these 2 purchases. Yeah, wish they were SACD...but they will never be released on SACD so, this is the route I'm taking.

Killer!! Jams!!

Outta Love Again - sounds amazing....and now Women In Love....wow! Very nice, clean, loud and jammin...

XWAR92600F192__104736__03252015035147-435.jpg

All music always brings a smile! :violin :confused: :music :cool: :mad:@: :couch :bounce17 :walker :nuke :beer2 :popcorn :burnout :lookaround :scream
.............I like the new ones :upthumb

I assume all you music dudes have heard about Avery Molek.....He's currently 8 years old and I've been following him since he was 6. He is simply put, one of the best drummers you will hear/see....and OK...He's 8!!

Check out this video of Chicago tune "Make Me Smile". He just nails it and has a smile to go with it...

[video=youtube;9uyDGEjv-vg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uyDGEjv-vg[/video]

I assume all you music dudes have heard about Avery Molek.....He's currently 8 years old and I've been following him since he was 6. He is simply put, one of the best drummers you will hear/see....and OK...He's 8!!

Check out this video of Chicago tune "Make Me Smile". He just nails it and has a smile to go with it...

Wow. Make me smile indeed! Wonderful!

hehehe - I gotta tell all you NON Johnny Mathis lovers.....his new CD just sound killer.....so clean, clear and strong.

And who could forget the 4.0 Quad Edition of those sessions from his album "I'm Comin' Home" on Columbia on Discrete Quad 8 Tape and SQ Vinyl in 1973?
Still a favorite here.

And who could forget the 4.0 Quad Edition of those sessions from his album "I'm Comin' Home" on Columbia on Discrete Quad 8 Tape and SQ Vinyl in 1973?
Still a favorite here.

Yeah - so Brian...not sure if you've heard the new CD release I'm talking about. It is strikingly good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back