Apple Joining the Atmos streaming game!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry I don’t know to post the links, Stones, All The Rage, fantastic immersive mix, in the rehearsal room the band, with a wonderful slide guitar part in the right rear.

The physical disc is going to be UHD? Does 4K for the promo videos really matter? Now, if there was some way to get a 4K version of Pulse… 😁

I read they filmed it with video (not film) so other than AI enhanced upscaling, we'll never have a true HD version, let alone 4K. They should have used film. Delicate Sound of Thunder looks awesome now.

sorry I don’t know to post the links, Stones, All The Rage, fantastic immersive mix, in the rehearsal room the band, with a wonderful slide guitar part in the right rear.
Nice! Sorry for the dumb questions (Atmos pieces parts bought but not yet here or installed) but are you saying this is the only song from GHS to have an Atmos mix?

Nice! Sorry for the dumb questions (Atmos pieces parts bought but not yet here or installed) but are you saying this is the only song from GHS to have an Atmos mix?
The main official album in in ATMOS and I think a few of the bonus material. Also included is a stereo mix of the Brussels 1973 live show and it’s their best, ever. Beats Ya Yas IMO.

Okay: I'm in the game. Picked up an unopened ATV4K--the previous model--for a good price on eBay, and I'm impressed so far: great selection, better search functionality than Tidal, excellent sound. (And I don't mind the old remote; it's kind of like using a trackpad.)

But does anyone have tips for library organization and management? I've only added 20 or so albums so far--expecting to add many more--and it's already kind of a mess. Playlists seem to be set up for tracks rather than albums. Apparently you can create "Playlist Folders" (containing albums organized any way you want?) on the Mac version of the Apple Music app, but I'm strictly Windows...

Last edited:
Seems that Europe gets more apple Music in Atmos releases from White Bands than Black bands. Just an observation.

Okay: I'm in the game. Picked up an unopened ATV4K--the previous model--for a good price on eBay, and I'm impressed so far: great selection, better search functionality than Tidal, excellent sound. (And I don't mind the old remote; it's kind of like using a trackpad.)

But does anyone have tips for library organization and management? I've only added 20 or so albums so far--expecting to add many more--and it's already kind of a mess. Playlists seem to be set up for tracks rather than albums. Apparently you can create "Playlist Folders" (containing albums organized any way you want?) on the Mac version of the Apple Music app, but I'm strictly Windows...
What I have done is open the Apple Music app on my iPhone. scroll through whatever I want, hit the plus + on whatever I want, goes into my playlist. Then when I go to Apple Music on the Apple 4K-TV when I am home and hit my playlist and everything is there.
For instance, I have the entire Spatial Audio play mixes, Rock and Jazz on my playlist, so as they change I am always up to date. In other genres or whole albums I pick and choose, but it is the same process.
I of course can do it with the remote at home, I just find using the iPhone for organizing much easier.

What I have done is open the Apple Music app on my iPhone. scroll through whatever I want, hit the plus + on whatever I want, goes into my playlist. Then when I go to Apple Music on the Apple 4K-TV when I am home and hit my playlist and everything is there.
For instance, I have the entire Spatial Audio play mixes, Rock and Jazz on my playlist, so as they change I am always up to date. In other genres or whole albums I pick and choose, but it is the same process.
I of course can do it with the remote at home, I just find using the iPhone for organizing much easier.

Right: I get how to add an album to my library, or how to add a track to a playlist. But I'd like to create a folder--e.g., "Atmos Classical"--in which I could place all the Atmos classical albums in my collection and organize them by composer (or performer, or whatever). And I'd like to be able to sort by album, not by track, since having to scroll through every track is unwieldy and unnecessary when you want to listen to an entire album. I haven't yet found a way to do that using the Windows web app (or on an Android phone).

Last edited:

So...this is a little OT cuz it's a hardware question of sorts:
I will have my Lyngdorf pre/pro in a few weeks, and already have a new unboxed Apple TV 4k waiting for it. I will put up my Prime Elevations Atmos heights and amplify them asap.

Question: how do I do the above (thanks so much Marpow) playlist management when I won't yet have a projector/screen (still choosing). I want to listen to Atmos music long before I get the tv/projector. Does the AppleTv 4k have it's own GUI, or can I redirect the iphone-based Apple Music app to send to Apple TV 4k?

So with this method, I wouldn't even have to fool with Apple AirPlay on the AVR. I just use my iPad to add a song to my playlist and it will be there later on my Apple TV 4K streamer. This is genius @marpow ! Not quite as brilliant as when you established the rating criteria of "Sounds really @*^%$!& good," but close.

Back