• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Audio Fidelity's 24-Hour Holiday Vault Sale

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
This was posted on Audio Fidelity's Facebook page about an hour ago:
The Audio Fidelity vault will be opened...the archives released.
What does it mean?!

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
This was posted on Audio Fidelity's Facebook page about an hour ago:

What does it mean?!
I went on there site and they have 11 pages of music discs, after page 3 the remaining pages are either out of stock or retired. A Facebook teaser ?

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Also, if you go to their website and simply scroll down to very bottom...on the far right is a little window that says "Vaults" Coming Soon or something like that. Click it and at least right now, shows a few titles that must have some "value" according to them. Example is a Gold CD of Stevie Wonder and it's their last copy and it's limited edition #5. It's also $99. :rolleyes:

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Also, if you go to their website and simply scroll down to very bottom...on the far right is a little window that says "Vaults" Coming Soon or something like that. Click it and at least right now, shows a few titles that must have some "value" according to them. Example is a Gold CD of Stevie Wonder and it's their last copy and it's limited edition #5. It's also $99. :rolleyes:
That is what the "vaults" mean...their collectables...out of print titles....basically it's just marketing..

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
That is what the "vaults" mean...their collectables...out of print titles....basically it's just marketing..
No, I think it is the old OOP titles that they saved for a rainy day, you know when the rent and electric is due, and the releases have been dull or not so hot sellers, 5.1 and 4.0 surround has been discontinued, and they need cash right away.

The bring out some nice vintage product still sealed, low numbers, and bingo! They make it to the next year with bills paid up another month or two.

I would expect low serial numbers, low quantity, and high prices.

May this sale bring happy holidays, and the best for the new year!

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
No, I think it is the old OOP titles that they saved for a rainy day, you know when the rent and electric is due, and the releases have been dull or not so hot sellers, 5.1 and 4.0 surround has been discontinued, and they need cash right away.

The bring out some nice vintage product still sealed, low numbers, and bingo! They make it to the next year with bills paid up another month or two.

I would expect low serial numbers, low quantity, and high prices.

May this sale bring happy holidays, and the best for the new year!
LOL...that's exactly what I said..

bmoura

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
It means that Audio Fidelity has some very limited quantities of some of their earlier releases available at a sale price.
Could include everything from Audio Fidelity Gold CDs to Stereo and Surround SACDs and LPs.

Since it's a 24 Hour only event with limited quantities, sale seekers will need to check the list and order quickly. :)

HDave

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Quite the marketing move, hold back lowest number discs for an adjusted price after most or all stock is sold and the title is officially OOP.
I think that for me the limited numbered releases was just a gimmick anyways, I believe one of my lowest is #117 not that its worth more then #2000. I have noticed some of the #5's have now sold, their " Last Copy" I don't think value wise it makes that much of a difference. Maybe an original White Album a low number undoubtedly would be worth substantially more. And being they are marketing as a collectible I would put that in my safe and see what happens in 5, 10 maybe 20 years ?
Who knows I just want more 4.0 releases from Audio Fidelity and please choose wisely. Looking foward to a great 2018 for surround music.

Edit: 5 of the #5 titles have sold......since this thread started...