Barclay James Harvest and Other Short Stories (New Reissue with 5.1 surround DVD!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Packshot:
BJH-and-other-short-stories-3D.jpg

BTW, Mark Powell (who runs Esoteric Recordings) said that the next Barclay James Harvest reissue should be "Once Again", which should be released within the first few months of 2021.
It will be interesting to see if that set contains both the original Quadraphonic mix of that album and a new 5.1 mix too.

:)

The last one was almost like art book size. Prior to that, the reissues were in that soft spine multiple panel case. If someone is hoping to stand them side by side, it’s going to be quite uneven. But I really do like this clam shell.

Esoteric really seems to have adopted that clamshell packaging. A bit more durable than those too soft tri fold contraptions, but I find the clamshells, at least on the Renaissance Turn of the Cards set, look a bit cheap.

Esoteric really seems to have adopted that clamshell packaging. A bit more durable than those too soft tri fold contraptions, but I find the clamshells, at least on the Renaissance Turn of the Cards set, look a bit cheap.
Not to mention the discs are usually housed in cardboard sleeves, rather than plastic trays, leading to possible scratching just from taking them in-and-out of the case.

Hmmm

So, clearly, on the box it says 96/24 Hi Resolution in 5.1 and stereo. But...but....

DVD Audio Extractor only shows 48 with the 5.1 and 96 with the stereo. So, what the F is that all about?

Back