Best. Customers. Ever.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah back then it was more Rick Rude .....OK now that I am a fatter bastard yeah I see it.
IMG_0657.png

Dear All

For the last 2 weeks my ticker went wacky again, silly me I had a cold drink after dog walkies and the esophagus is just behind the ticker and is a common trigger of Atrial Fibrillation. I have had various flavors of arrhythmia since the age of 17. I am the perfect storm for the condition heart SVT from the age of 17, runner till I needed new knees, bike rider, weightlifter and really tall.....tick , tick, tick, tick.

I had my fourth ablation yesterday and I was on the slab for around 3.75 hrs, this time fully knocked out with a tube down my throat. My throat feels like I have been gargling glass still. It turns out I am a super healer and the burns installed in my heart 14 and 7 years ago had completely healed and were fully conductive again, so they basically had to re burn them all and add a few new pathways. Its just like ignition leads in a car cross firing. Basically for the last 2 weeks I have been walking around with only 2 out of 4 chambers working.

Now come the good bits

All is good and I was released from hospital on the same day and I spent 2 hrs at the dog park this morning watching my Rhodesian Greyhound beat up all the other dogs.....they have a great time. I am taking today off work but I will be back tomorrow. Dave the Bitch is running the joint and steering the good ship Involve straight into the iceberg.

Last 3 times having the same procedure, I ended up writing nasty letters to the hospital in regard to the terrible standard of nursing care and lack of any preservation of patient dignity. I am not shy but it greatly bothers me when the curtains are fully open with your tackle on view as kids and mum's are walking by copping an eyeful. Thus happened repeatedly and even in the operating theater when they left the doors open in full public view, butt naked (for no reason on the slab with 8 mostly female strangers around and one 16 year old female student). Even masseuses know about draping.

As you know nurses are "trained professionals" and are not bothered by nudity so being a very pushy bastard I even challenged them to have a meeting together with me in a room of the hospital ALL NAKED with the door open....they did not reply! My real concern is the reverse- can you imagine a shy girl butt naked with say 7 male nurses all around, it does not happen.

Anyway my mini campaign worked!! In the new hospital wing the quality of the nursing staff dramatically changes, curtains were closed at all times, they asked my permission to do things and their were no inappropriate events. Even in the surgery appropriate draping was uses (as much as I was conscious- but that's the Bill Cosby excuse!). Hey they even got new smocks so you don't get to walk around with your arse hanging out- but its a struggle to fit my 120Kg (270 lbs)

The best part is that I walked in at 7 am , signed up and walked out at 4.30 AND PAID ZERO! OK I pay my taxes but I have been uninsured for nearly 40 years and this was by far the best cardiac facility I have seen (I have personally paid for private operations....(knees and arms).
These are the horrors of nationalised health that has now been stuffed up in the current public/ private hybrid mess unlike the perfect system that was introduced in 1974 by the then health minister Bill Hayden RIP.

Lub Dub, Lub Dub

Back