Best. Customers. Ever.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My left foot

As you can see they attack your knee but the effect is more global! Oh note arthritic toes!

Attachments

• IMG_20211130_150659.jpg
    IMG_20211130_150659.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 93
Sexy legs

Well kids, I am 3 weeks out from the big snip. I threw away my crutches on week 1 and apart from some pain and stiffness I feel great and I do not limp anymore!
I spoke to my charming daughter a week ago and the first thing she said was that I was not limping anymore, I said I thought I covered for my limp so no one could see it. She said nup, my wife said nup and so did everyone else. Apparently my limp was very apparent!

Only issue is that I now set off metal detectors!

Attachments

• VID_20211215_152217.mp4
    6.9 MB
It's great Chucky, that your sense of humour is still as strong as ever!! :)

And to think I had a fistful of puns to use....:rolleyes:

Oh well, looks like you be joining in first footing, on Jan 1st 2022....:D

But seriously, great to read you on the road to recovery Chucky and getting ready for a full on, OZ knees up!!

It's great Chucky, that your sense of humour is still as strong as ever!! :)

And to think I had a fistful of puns to use....:rolleyes:

Oh well, looks like you be joining in first footing, on Jan 1st 2022....:D

But seriously, great to read you on the road to recovery Chucky and getting ready for a full on, OZ knees up!!
I will hop to it

Sexy legs

Well kids, I am 3 weeks out from the big snip. I threw away my crutches on week 1 and apart from some pain and stiffness I feel great and I do not limp anymore!
I spoke to my charming daughter a week ago and the first thing she said was that I was not limping anymore, I said I thought I covered for my limp so no one could see it. She said nup, my wife said nup and so did everyone else. Apparently my limp was very apparent!

Only issue is that I now set off metal detectors!
I am glad that things are well with the knee Chucky. Always glad to have our SM team firing on all cylinders and healthy!

I bet Dave (the Bitch) is relieved that you will be taking back a lot of his burden to get the mini amp and pre-amp into production! :giggle:

Why does a sound genius have an airport style anti-terrorist hand held metal detector at their disposal? LOL.

I am surprised at how little sensitivity that metal detector has. Did they tell you what the implants are made of. They could be Titanium which hardly bothers metal detectors at all, Stainless Steel ( 316LVM or 22-13-5 ) which should bother it more, or Cobalt Chrome which may or may not be magnetic.
Probably the latter for a big boy like you since Co-Cr is the strongest and stiffest. Glad your recovery is going well.

I am glad that things are well with the knee Chucky. Always glad to have our SM team firing on all cylinders and healthy!

I bet Dave (the Bitch) is relieved that you will be taking back a lot of his burden to get the mini amp and pre-amp into production! :giggle:

Why does a sound genius have an airport style anti-terrorist hand held metal detector at their disposal? LOL.
You would be supprised at the toys we have. The metal detector is owned by our software geek Ron who has everything!

A Mono guy, a Stereophile and a Quadiophile all walk into a bar.

The Mono guy says to the bartender:
“Nice Jukebox in the corner!”

The Stereophile says:
“That’s not just any old jukebox, that’s a Wurlitzer 2504 Stereo Jukebox!”

and the Quadiophile says:
“That old thing, might as well be a sound bar. I’ll retrofit it with a Shibata, tie it into the corner TVs and it’ll be rounds for everyone!”

🥁

Hi Chucky - I've a question for you please. How do I get my original SM v1 apart?! I would like to build it's decoder pcb into an old Sony SQD-2020 and make use of the latter's metering, but I don't want to damage it in the process. There are three crews underneath which I assume fix the PCB in place but I don't see any way of getting the top cover off without using brute force. Is it just clipped on and is there some particular trick to releasing it? Thanks.

(Actually it would be a much easier job if you could supply your evaluation boards with SQ decoding, but I don't suppose you do that do you ?)

Hi Chucky - I've a question for you please. How do I get my original SM v1 apart?! I would like to build it's decoder pcb into an old Sony SQD-2020 and make use of the latter's metering, but I don't want to damage it in the process. There are three crews underneath which I assume fix the PCB in place but I don't see any way of getting the top cover off without using brute force. Is it just clipped on and is there some particular trick to releasing it? Thanks.

(Actually it would be a much easier job if you could supply your evaluation boards with SQ decoding, but I don't suppose you do that do you ?)
Yes and yes. It should just pull apart. I could get an eval board programmed with SQ

Yes and yes. It should just pull apart. I could get an eval board programmed with SQ
Thanks Chucky - you certainly made it tamper proof (!), I've now taken increasing large implements to it to try and pry it apart but without any luck and am wary of applying any more force. I actually can't see what's holding it together.

Thanks Chucky - you certainly made it tamper proof (!), I've now taken increasing large implements to it to try and pry it apart but without any luck and am wary of applying any more force. I actually can't see what's holding it together.
Frankly, I cannot remember the details. I will be at the office tomorrow and I will find an old case and have a look.

Back