BIG Blu-Ray Audio drive from Universal Music in 2013

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for what's coming in September with the UK launch, we know the Queen "A Night At The Opera" will have 5.1 & 2.0.. beyond that no idea as yet though it seems the likes of Nirvana, Rolling Stones, Lionel Richie, Amy Winehouse, etc. will be stereo only.

Thanks. Did someone check if it's a different surround mix compared to the DVD edition?

I don't have the Deluxe Edition with Dolby Dig'l DVD-V but a QQ member posted in this thread that it was the same mix just in higher-res.

oh and the BDA is minus some bonus (video?) content that's on the Deluxe Ed DVD.

Since there hasn't been a official release date announced for Cat Stevens Tea for the Tillerman and that's the 1 release holding up my HMVJapan order, I decided to order a few duplicate titles from AmazonUK including Supertramp Breakfast in America that just arrived.:)

I'm pretty sure that one won't come out until some time after the surround version of Belafonte Calypso.

I'm pretty sure that one won't come out until some time after the surround version of Belafonte Calypso.

Thanks.. Any clue when that may be released? I hate to cancel the HMVJapan order and miss out on the promotion special that I took advantage of back in April so hopefully I can substitute another release in place of Cat Stevens. Stevie Wonder should be here in a few days but that's it for HFPA in August.

So far I'm impressed with Supertramp.

Sea Change is a shimmeringly-beautiful Ellliot Scheiner 5.1 mix, but mine is a 2003 DVD-A. Did it come out on SACD too? If that sounds as good as the DVD-A, you will at least not need to buy it again on BD-A.

Yes, Sea Change was issued as a Surround Sound SACD prior to its release on DVD-A.

Since there hasn't been a official release date announced for Cat Stevens Tea for the Tillerman and that's the 1 release holding up my HMVJapan order, I decided to order a few duplicate titles from AmazonUK including Supertramp Breakfast in America that just arrived.:)

I fear the Cat Stevens may go the way of the Milos album "Latino Gold" as being an HFPA vapourware title as both were announced for pre-order with no follow-up of a release in France.. unless these are being held back/up for some reason, may still appear.

Thanks.. Any clue when that may be released? I hate to cancel the HMVJapan order and miss out on the promotion special that I took advantage of back in April so hopefully I can substitute another release in place of Cat Stevens. Stevie Wonder should be here in a few days but that's it for HFPA in August.

So far I'm impressed with Supertramp.

I suspect he's joking about the Harry Belafonte..!? i.e. never..!?! :mad:@:

Stevie, Supertramp, the Pierre Henry "Messe Pour Le Temps Present" & the Serge Gainsbourg "Melody Nelson" (the only 5.1 HFPA BDA so far) are the real highlights out of those I've got so far with the Stevie and Serge being the most impressive.

Yes, Sea Change was issued as a Surround Sound SACD prior to its release on DVD-A.

if the new Sea Change BD-A has the Elliot Scheiner 5.1 mix then that gives me a glimmer of hope we might see more of his mixes on the new format, Pretzel Logic- hint hint..!! (y) (and fingers crossed!!)

if the new Sea Change BD-A has the Elliot Scheiner 5.1 mix then that gives me a glimmer of hope we might see more of his mixes on the new format, Pretzel Logic- hint hint..!! (y) (and fingers crossed!!)

QUESTION QUESTION>I base some of my purchases from what I read here. Thank you , I appreciate it. I have the Stevie Wonder SITKOL which should be retittled - AWESOME. cuz it is. I have the Stones GRRR and Supertramp breakfast in America and Neil Young Fillmore 1970 all on blu ray.

I just ordered the Derek and Dominos Layla from Amazon Uk in blu ray. what are your opinions ? i do have the multi channel SACD. but I'm a music junkie. first it was cd's, then DTS, then DVD -Audio, then SACD , now I have a blu ray monkey on my back. lol

QUESTION QUESTION>I base some of my purchases from what I read here. Thank you , I appreciate it. I have the Stevie Wonder SITKOL which should be retittled - AWESOME. cuz it is. I have the Stones GRRR and Supertramp breakfast in America and Neil Young Fillmore 1970 all on blu ray.

I just ordered the Derek and Dominos Layla from Amazon Uk in blu ray. what are your opinions ? i do have the multi channel SACD. but I'm a music junkie. first it was cd's, then DTS, then DVD -Audio, then SACD , now I have a blu ray monkey on my back. lol

glad to hear you're enjoying the superb Stevie blu-ray and following the great contributions from everyone here, this forum is such a great place not only to discuss our passion for surround music but as a resource to learn so
much about music in general, I learn so much new cool stuff here everyday from all the QQ music junkies!

I don't own the Layla BD-A I'm afraid (I'm a bit Layla'd out with the SACD and boxset with the DVD of Elliot Scheiner's wonderful 5.1 mix) but QQ member Dixie4 has it. pretty sure I remember him saying here that the Layla BD-A didn't sound as great as the Supertramp or Stevie Wonder and of course it sadly lacks any 5.1 mix (neither the SACD Mick Guzauski mix nor the Elliot Scheiner one in the box). I'd be interested to hear what you think of it when you get it, jasong :)

I haven't bought the Stevie Blu. I'd like him to remix Isn't She Lovely, editing out the LOUD baby sounds. I really can't stand that. I have this on the SHM SACD.

Not that this remix will ever happen, of course.

I just discovered a problem with my copy of Stevie Wonder SITKOL. When listening in DTS mode, there is static at the end of track #5 and the only way I can advance to track #6 is manually. Anyone else had this problem? Plays fine in PCM mode.

The sound quality including mix is superb.

Since HMVJapan is having a sale, I went ahead and preordered Nirvana Nevermind, Marvin Gaye What's Going On, Supertramp Crime of the Century, and Queen Night at the Opera. I also emailed customer service and requested they add Rolling Stones Exile on Main Street to this order. Still waiting on a response.

I just discovered a problem with my copy of Stevie Wonder SITKOL. When listening in DTS mode, there is static at the end of track #5 and the only way I can advance to track #6 is manually. Anyone else had this problem? Plays fine in PCM mode.

The sound quality including mix is superb.

Since HMVJapan is having a sale, I went ahead and preordered Nirvana Nevermind, Marvin Gaye What's Going On, Supertramp Crime of the Century, and Queen Night at the Opera. I also emailed customer service and requested they add Rolling Stones Exile on Main Street to this order. Still waiting on a response.

I ordinarily play the Dolby True HD streams on all these HFPA BD-A's (that have Dolby True) as they seem to sound best when synthesised through PLII Music (I have no idea why, I just hear what I hear.). When listening to them in straight stereo I just let the default PCM 2.0 do its thing. I'll try out the DTS of SITKOL tonight & report back.

Very excited at the prospect of BDA's of Crime of the Century and What's Going On in particular but I'll probably pre-order all of those new ones you mentioned via Amazon when they get their act together.

Not likely. Just submit a new order with all items and cancel the previous order. I do that frequently.

Not likely. Just submit a new order with all items and cancel the previous order. I do that frequently.

Thanks. I assume Exile will be available here eventually and hopefully cheaper so I decided to keep the order as is.

Bearing in mind the earlier post here about compression on the Bob Marley 'Legend' BD-A, have many of you bought this disc and, if so, how good or bad does it sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back