Blu-Ray Authoring added to DVD Architect!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Got this email from Sony Media (Formerly Sound Forge):

Sony Creative Software made several announcements at the show. The big message was Blu-ray Disc™ authoring. DVD Architect Pro 5 software will have Blu-ray authoring and burning functionality when it is released in June. With DVD Architect 5 software, you will be able to author both a standard definition DVD or a high-definition Blu-ray Disc complete with full motion buttons, motion menus, scene selection menus, subtitles and alternate video and audio tracks. The DVD Architect Pro 5 update will be free to registered Vegas Pro 8 and DVD Architect 4.5 users.

Hmmmm. I wonder what this could do for creating HiRez 5.1 PCM "backups" of DVD-Audio discs?

This will be - as usual - BD-R and BD-RE only.
I wager that what sony call "HD Audio" will not be a part of this.
Dolby Digital to 640kbps at best. Possibly - and I say possibly - DTS Core Audio.
It will not handle DTS-HD, and it will like as not handle LPCM 5.1 either.

For backing up DVD-A, DTS-HD MAS with it's streamplayer is still the best bet, along with a copy of DVD-Audio Explorer.

I am not up to speed on the terminology of these new fangled formats.

So Neil, you don't think that this will allow someone to create a 5.1 PCM uncompressed disc that will play on a Blu-Ray player, audio only? That would suck.

I own these products and find myself at least moderately excited.

My son and I go on train trips and Denver in July may cause me to go HD camcorder if I can get it intact to Blu Ray....

Back