Camel – Air Born: The MCA & Decca Years 1973-1984 (box set with 5 albums in 5.1 on blu-ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woke up this morning to the dreaded e-mail, “You know the credit card number you gave us for this order? Doesn’t work.”

I have never updated credit card info so fast. The prior card had been compromised and when updating various sites, I totally forgot about this one.

Now my delivery estimate from Amazon Germany is Dec 8 - 19.

I had been on the fence with this box, but then I gave in, and I’m even more excited now seeing how others are enjoying it.

Hopefully all of us still waiting will see it soon. I know mine is still in Germany, but I can imagine the frustration when you know it’s close by.

If it comes too close to Christmas, I may just wrap it, stick it under the tree, and make it one of those gifts my wife gets me but doesn’t know it until I open it and tell her what a wonderful choice she made.

My immediate consolation is that the Yes Atmos box is out for delivery.

Mine from Amazon Germany just delivered to Spain today. 163,68€ shipping included. It has arrived in a much too large cardboard Amazon box with only some brown paper as protection. No manufacturer's box here, just the cellophane with the sticker stating its contents.
Gonna write to Amazon as one corner is slightly dented. Checked contents in case a disc was missing or repeated but everything seems fine.

As of today mine is still estimated to be a week or two out from delivery, based on recent averages - stuck at LAX since Nov. 27. The exact reason for the delay is unclear. Parcel shipping time estimates from Germany to US vary wildly from 7 - 28 days with no reasons given. :confused:

Maybe they should hire more than one guy to sort and walk packages over to the post office...

Listening/watching now to BD-V #4, Disc 31, The Video Vaults.
MKV File, Stereo, DR is 10. Length 2:22, won't finish today.
Even though it is a stereo video disc, I set my AVR to DTS Neural: X for some faux surround.
R-29050999-1701295902-6564.jpg

So far I've listened to the first two albums, "Camel" and "Mirage", in 5.1 and I've got to say, this has surpassed my expectations in every aspect. As I said above, I've never listened to anything by them and I was relieved that I really like the music, itself. The mix and surround treatments are excellent and I would be surprised if anyone had any negative comments about that. I hope I like the other three albums as much.
Well done @Stephen W Tayler, you hit it out of the park!

So far I've listened to the first two albums, "Camel" and "Mirage", in 5.1 and I've got to say, this has surpassed my expectations in every aspect. As I said above, I've never listened to anything by them and I was relieved that I really like the music, itself. The mix and surround treatments are excellent and I would be surprised if anyone had any negative comments about that. I hope I like the other three albums as much.
Well done @Stephen W Tayler, you hit it out of the park!

Moonmadness is guaranteed to blow your mind

Those that have their packages stuck in USPS ... How did you track the JPC>DE package they only give invoice number and order number?

Those that have their packages stuck in USPS ... How did you track the JPC>DE package they only give invoice number and order number?
I could only track it to the point of clearing customs. I couldn't figure out a way to track it any farther. I didn't try very hard though, once it was in the US I kind of figured it was downhill. Once it hits USPS it's like a lottery, you just never know how long it will take (especially in December). Mine came Saturday and FYI I did have to sign for it.

jpc.de always have given me the tracking number. I get two emails. One is an invoice, the other email is titled "Your order will be shipped now", and it contains the tracking number. It comes from "[email protected]", so maybe email them for the tracking number if you didn't get that email?

Back