Camel – Air Born: The MCA & Decca Years 1973-1984 (box set with 5 albums in 5.1 on blu-ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally bought it on Amazon Spain now at 179€. I was waiting for more discount, but I couldn’t resist.

I always heard that the 5 more important Progressive rock reference bands from the initial 70’s were King Crimson, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull and Emerson Lake & Palmer.

While I do agree, I will better remove ELP from that list, and would add Camel, instead.

Camel was the reason, after KC, Genesis & PF, I developed my taste for instrumental prog, perhaps thanks to the unfortunate vocalist that has always been Camel's characteristic. I like Latimer guitar more than the Gilmour’s.

I think my second or third vinyl, in my youth, was ‘The Snow Goose’, and that made me establish myself in this genre for life.

Last edited:
Those that have their packages stuck in USPS ... How did you track the JPC>DE package they only give invoice number and order number?
I never receive a tracking number from JPC.
I usually go into my JPC account and at the end of each item there is a kind of "lorry" icon and if you click on it you'll see the status and tracking number if already shipped.
To Spain they usually ship by DHL but that tracking number does not work until the very same day I get it delivered by the Spanish postal service (Correos) so this is definitely not the same kind of DHL delivery system we are used to when for example buying from CDJapan or Amazon Japan as we don't get full tracking and the final delivery is not carried out by DHL itself, and it takes more time!
I don't know if for such an expensive item they have used the same shipping method or not since I bought the Camel box from Amazon Germany.

So mine was delivered to me on 11/28. IT WAS NOT! Lord, between this one an the 3 Quadios that never arrived .... But i have been pining for Lunar Sea in 5.1 since the 1980's this hurts.

Last edited:
According to tracking mine is still stuck in limbo at LAX since Nov. 27. Still estimated to arrive next week, but this is beyond frustrating. :mad:

According to tracking mine is still stuck in limbo at LAX since Nov. 27. Still estimated to arrive next week, but this is beyond frustrating. :mad:
Me too. I suppose that plane is still sitting on the tarmac

I received my order from Amazon UK to Mulino, Oregon U.S.A. on Saturday and the box was trashed with tape all over holding it together, fortunately the inner box was not. A disturbing trend for Amazon UK this was my 3rd order in a row with damaged packageing and 2 of these orders were so damaged they had to be returned.
My first impression was what a beautiful box set. Although I would have loved everything in surround I pulled out my favorite Camel "Rain Dances" to see how the stereo remaster sounded and was blown away with how good the imaging is. I couldn't wait to run it through the Surround Master V3, so mind blowing!!! I own the SACD version of this disc and my 1st listen to the remaster was that it sounded better then the SACD so I did a side by side and indeed the remaster sounded better to my ears. Any opinions on this? Not sure what next but much listening pleasure ahead!

I always heard that the 5 more important Progressive rock reference bands from the initial 70’s were King Crimson, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull and Emerson Lake & Palmer.

While I do agree, I will better remove ELP from that list, and would add Camel, instead.

Why not just make it the 6 most important prog rock bands and add Camel? :)

I would take King Crimson, Genesis and Jethro Tull out and add Caravan, Camel and Focus in, all day long...:D

I would take King Crimson, Genesis and Jethro Tull out and add Caravan, Camel and Focus in, all day long...:D
Indeed. Those are favorite bands for me too.

Curious how over time there have always been these 'disputes' between friends. I also liked Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Wheather Report, Cat Stevens, to name a few. Man does not live on prog alone.

But what I couldn't stand was one day, while drinking beer, a radio presenter of a music program, a friend of ours, threw on the floor a King Crimson vinyl that I had just bought, because he was on a different musical "wave".

Sorry for the digression, but this type of music makes me remember those wonderful times, although sometimes turbulent.

Back