Camel – Air Born: The MCA & Decca Years 1973-1984 (box set with 5 albums in 5.1 on blu-ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not just make it the 6 most important prog rock bands and add Camel? :)
This is the preferred approach for me. There is no magic associated with 5 or 6 or pick your number. Just add in more of the bands that you love. I could never leave out Genesis from such a list, and look forward to seeing the Musical Box on Friday in Denver at the Paramount Theater. For non progressive music, Hot Tuna is playing the same venue on Thursday night.

Has anyone heard from importcds regarding the Camel box? I preordered from them and their listed available date was last Friday. I haven’t heard a peep from them.

I was just about to post on the same subject. I also preordered and haven't heard a peep; now shows on backorder. Not the first time it has happened with them but they always seem to come through.

So JPC .DE just refunded me for the lost package. What now? Where to buy semi inexpensibly?

Yeah , exactly double what JPC refunded me. I ordered, this sucks but tis among my favorite top 5 prog bands. Plus it arrives January 10.

Same here. In fact, I'm in the SF Bay Area, and the shipment landed at SFO on Nov. 25, then got sent to LAX on Nov. 27, where it still sits. It was so close; why did they need to ship it to LAX? 😖
I checked the status today, and happily it seems to have gotten unstuck, and is moving through the customs process (destined for USPS delivery). So hopefully it's now just a few days away for anyone affected by this particular delay.

Oh Happy Day, I guess? After languishing for 9 days at LAX, tracking informs me that the customs clearance process for import has just begun! DHL tracking is still estimating another 6 days for USPS delivery - so maybe middle of next week. Feels like I was one of the earliest to order this and will be one of the last to receive it. :censored:

Oh Happy Day, I guess? After languishing for 9 days at LAX, tracking informs me that the customs clearance process for import has just begun! DHL tracking is still estimating another 6 days for USPS delivery - so maybe middle of next week. Feels like I was one of the earliest to order this and will be one of the last to receive it. :censored:
I've got you beat. Mine has been languishing in Chicago for 13 days, no change of status, or movement. Not sure if I should be worried or what. Never had it take this long, but it has happened before.

Last edited:
I've got you beat. Mine has been languishing in Chicago for 13 days, no change of status, or movement. Not sure if I should be worried or what. Never had it take this long, but it has happened before.
Im right there with you Gene. Still no movement. Sitting in Chicago. Bunch of bullshit thats all I got to say

Im right there with you Gene. Still no movement. Sitting in Chicago. Bunch of bullshit thats all I got to say
One thing that had me sort of worried about jpc, is they don't allow you to put your state as part of your address. Though, zip code is there, so I guess that should be adequate, right??

That is really f-ed up. We ordered within an hour of each other and I've had mine for a week. The USPS has become totally unreliable. All the carriers should all take a lesson from Amazon, they have it down to a science,

Three cheers for the USPS... Hip Hip.....

One thing that had me sort of worried about jpc, is they don't allow you to put your state as part of your address. Though, zip code is there, so I guess that should be adequate, right??
Yes, the zip code is even more exact than the state. As long as the zip is right, you'll be fine.

Reactions: GOS
My local postmaster tells me three things - a crack down on mail theft from both on the street thieves and postal employees has added time to how fast/slowly mail moves combined with extra security on anything coming from overseas due to the Israeli Gaza conflict and finally the old excuse of excessive holiday volume. Kent can get a package to me from Tokyo in 3 days but one from LA to me here in Virginia takes a week and a half at times.

So sorry to hear that some of orders from JPC are sitting in customs. I had that happen before when I ordered Gentle Giant's Freehand back in 21 from JPC. It took a long time because it sat in customs. I had to pass up on the marvelous deal on Camel Air Born from JPC because of the potential hold up. I didn't want to go through that frustration again. You will get it but it is so aggravating.
My experience is that when packages go through customs in Chicago, they seem to sit there for a week or two. Very rarely do I get them quickly. Hang in there!

Silver lining, silver lining, silver lining. A Christmas bonanza: the lost DHL shipment, initially delivered to the wrong building, was kindly redirected in the spirit of Christmas. As a result, it was no longer necessary to continue with the Amazon UK order. Additionally, a surprise visit added to the festive cheer during the Christmas program festival.
Comp prog.jpg

To thank Father Xmas I will spread the love around selling all my sde large boxes at the discount INDIGENT columns pricing., Ho, Ho, Ho.

Back