Comments Inspired by Lennon, John - GIMME SOME TRUTH (Ultimate Remixes) [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else still waiting on their copy from MusicVaultz?!
Order placed August 31st, 2020! o_O

Yes. I've heard back from their customer service, now it's just a waiting game for me. I might give up and cancel.

Remind me, do they charge up front, or not until they ship? I could not find a receipt in my paypal account, which makes me think I used worldpay.

I hate to break the news to you but MusicVaultz is some guy sitting in his parent’s basement, looking around the Internet, searching for the lowest price on these type items. Waiting and waiting and finally, he see’s a killer price on said item (usually somewhere in Europe), then waits forever for it to arrive by a small boat 🚣‍♂️.

I ordered at the same time, but got fed up with their failure to deliver about a month ago, so cancelled. They said I'd get a refund in 3-5 business days, but that didn't happen. I then told them they had another 48 hours to pay up, or else I'd take it to PayPal. Still no money back (or reply), so I did. They then tried to get me to cancel my PayPal dispute (LOL) and to let them know when I did (WTF), but I said no, they had to answer to PayPal. PayPal found in my favour and I got my money back through them, not MusicVaultz. Needless to say, I'm never going near them again.

My order was placed on September 8. Still not delivered. They are offering me a refund if I want to cancel my order. I “offered“ to get a credit and still wait for the item. No reply.

I hate to break the news to you but MusicVaultz is some guy sitting in his parent’s basement, looking around the Internet, searching for the lowest price on these type items. Waiting and waiting and finally, he see’s a killer price on said item (usually somewhere in Europe), then waits forever for it to arrive by a small boat 🚣‍♂️.

Did some research and found the legal stuff: Shop | MusicVaultz

They are owned by Universal Music Group and based in London, England.
Universal Music Direct Limited
4 Pancras Square,
London, N1C 4AG,
England

I ordered at the same time, but got fed up with their failure to deliver about a month ago, so cancelled. They said I'd get a refund in 3-5 business days, but that didn't happen. I then told them they had another 48 hours to pay up, or else I'd take it to PayPal. Still no money back (or reply), so I did. They then tried to get me to cancel my PayPal dispute (LOL) and to let them know when I did (WTF), but I said no, they had to answer to PayPal. PayPal found in my favour and I got my money back through them, not MusicVaultz. Needless to say, I'm never going near them again.
Absolutely Ditto!

Did some research and found the legal stuff: Shop | MusicVaultz

They are owned by Universal Music Group and based in London, England.
Universal Music Direct Limited
4 Pancras Square,
London, N1C 4AG,
England

Owned by Universal? Maybe the place burned down...That's why they can't deliver? ;)

So, I've ended up getting a free copy after all this.

After the above fiasco, I ordered it from Amazon, but it got no further than Sydney on Dec. 15th. Two weeks ago, I told Amazon about this, they refunded my money (immediately), said I could keep the set if it ever turned up and they were going to contact the shipping company to express their corporate displeasure.

And today it arrived with the Amazon refund already paid. So after nearly 6 months, I finally get it for free.

Not quite instant, but definitely karma. :cool:

So, I've ended up getting a free copy after all this.

After the above fiasco, I ordered it from Amazon, but it got no further than Sydney on Dec. 15th. Two weeks ago, I told Amazon about this, they refunded my money (immediately), said I could keep the set if it ever turned up and they were going to contact the shipping company to express their corporate displeasure.

And today it arrived with the Amazon refund already paid. So after nearly 6 months, I finally get it for free.

Not quite instant, but definitely karma. :cool:

Good for you. But let us know how you like it by posting your thoughts on this thread. It turned out to be much better than my expectations, especially when I ripped the 7.1 True HD and mixed the rears into the surrounds so that I could play the resultant files with my Oppo.

Good for you. But let us know how you like it by posting your thoughts on this thread. It turned out to be much better than my expectations, especially when I ripped the 7.1 True HD and mixed the rears into the surrounds so that I could play the resultant files with my Oppo.
I have a 5.1 system and my Oppo (UDP-205) can downmix the Dolby Atmos into a 5.1 mix. I constantly switched between the DTS HD-MA 5.1 and the Atmos for comparison. I agree with the general sentiment that the DTS 5.1 is nowhere near as good as the Atmos mix. So I concur.

And they left off the "Hit Single" with the controversial title and lyric. I wonder if they made a 5.1 of that song then decided not to use it?

And what about that track from "Life with the Lions"? You know, it's called "Two Minutes Silence". Would have been great in 5.1 ;)

View attachment 57806
When the BR disc dies like some of the others, you'll have a long silent bonus track, the extended mix!

For science:
Can I get some nominations for the most discrete/active 5.1 or Atmos mix from this Ultimate Mixes set? I've heard Dream #9. Any others?

I thought "(Just Like) Starting Over" and "I'm Losing You" were both pretty good surround-wise. The Lennon Legend 5.1 version of "Starting Over" had maybe a bit more separation, but the sonics of the new one are way better.

I thought "(Just Like) Starting Over" and "I'm Losing You" were both pretty good surround-wise. The Lennon Legend 5.1 version of "Starting Over" had maybe a bit more separation, but the sonics of the new one are way better.
Ah, ding ding! My goal is to compare Lennon Legend tracks with Ultimate Mixes tracks - for sound and mix.
I've done Dream #9. SQ is far superior on the BD. Mix is just about the same. Like they redid it!

Ah, ding ding! My goal is to compare Lennon Legend tracks with Ultimate Mixes tracks - for sound and mix.
I've done Dream #9. SQ is far superior on the BD. Mix is just about the same. Like they redid it!

The POB and Imagine songs--aside from maybe "Working Class Hero", which is basically the same--are mixed more adventurously on Lennon Legend (I compared "Love" here), but the audio sounds like it was over-NR'd in comparison to the new "Ultimate" mixes.

Back