Comments inspired by Tears For Fears - THE SEEDS OF LOVE [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not sure what to call myself but there is part of me that likes the 1989 Bob Ludwig STEREO Master better (on some songs) than the Steven Wilson 5.1 mix.

I'm feeling dirty cause I don't know what is happening?

I literally hear complete sentences on stereo that I don't hear on the 5.1. That's some wtf right thar

could be that I listened to this song/album prolly a million times on stereo as a youth compared to the one time now listen I'm hearing in 5.1. Is psychology really that simple?

The Bob Ludwig Master just seems way more coherent but I'm confused because how does a Master have that much effect over a mixer?

edit: btw, my stereo speakers are bi-amped lol

edit # 2: wait, did I just read on wiki that Bobby C (Bob Clearmountain) mixed the original 1989 stereo mix (@48kHz no less) (and it was just Bob Ludwig that did the Master)

that effing explains everything. Take that you Steven Wilson fans, da fuk?

"and I believe in Love Power..."

Last edited:
not sure what to call myself but there is part of me that likes the 1989 Bob Ludwig STEREO Master better (on some songs) than the Steven Wilson 5.1 mix.

I'm feeling dirty cause I don't know what is happening?

I literally hear complete sentences on stereo that I don't hear on the 5.1. That's some wtf right thar

could be that I listened to this song/album prolly a million times on stereo as a youth compared to the one time now listen I'm hearing in 5.1. Is psychology really that simple?

The Bob Ludwig Master just seems way more coherent but I'm confused because how does a Master have that much effect over a mixer?

edit: btw, my stereo speakers are bi-amped lol

edit # 2: wait, did I just read on wiki that Bobby C (Bob Clearmountain) mixed the original 1989 stereo mix (@48kHz no less) (and it was just Bob Ludwig that did the Master)

Well Steven Wilson himself said the original stereo mix couldn't be bettered in his opinion.

As for the 5.1, it's a completely other thing.

Not quite, actually. Bob Clearmountain only mixed "Woman in Chains" and one half of "Year of the Knife" (the first one I think). The rest was mixed by TFF themselves and David Bascombe.

I think the 7" mix of "Advice for the Young at Heart" was also done by Bob Clearmountain and the more I listen to it, the more I prefer it to the LP mix - sounds more powerful.

I believe we don't find ourselves in a part of multiverse where there's no Steven Wilson to remix this in 5.1 and Atmos.

Back