Daft Punk & Leiji Matsumoto's Interstella 5555

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Failed Muso

800 Club - QQ All-Star
What with all the current furore over the new Daft Punk album (which, IMHO, is fab!), I thought it was about time to grab myself a copy of this...

971991_10151741697660499_386318426_n.jpg

Stereo, DD and DTS 5.1, it's essentially their "Discovery" album set to some super cool Anime! Well worth checking out and still available at a very reasonable price new too :)

What with all the current furore over the new Daft Punk album (which, IMHO, is fab!), I thought it was about time to grab myself a copy of this...

View attachment 10701

Stereo, DD and DTS 5.1, it's essentially their "Discovery" album set to some super cool Anime! Well worth checking out and still available at a very reasonable price new too :)

Wow! Is this discrete 5.1?

Well, I say "yes", the music is mixed in the context of the movie, so don't expect a 5.1 studio mix of "Discovery" :)

Actually, listening again (first time in a long while) I'd say it isn't discrete. The rears seem to just provide reverb.

Still, it's cool all the same ;) I got my copy for £6.43 from an Amazon Marketplace seller, so even if you don't like it, you haven't lost much. The anime is good stuff and there are some nice extras. It's also available in Blu Ray.

I'm pretty sure this is the source from which I once heard some of the "Discovery" tracks in surround. If so, yeah, it's pretty terrible stuff. Pretty much a front speaker spread with pretty artifacted rears. Glad to hear the visuals I didn't get to witness are good at least.

Back