Daft Punk - Random Access Memories in Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its a cool kinda work in progress studio thing, i guess? 🤷🏻‍♀️🤓 tiddly bits and instruments pop up all over the room, it's hilarious!! 🥳💘
I thought it was kind of a weak mix, other than the occasional “kicking up” of the track when they tried a different lyric, which causes those pop ups. Here’s hoping that’s intentional since the point of the track seems to be more about capturing a candid studio moment discussing lyrics rather than being a song song.

I thought it was kind of a weak mix, other than the occasional “kicking up” of the track when they tried a different lyric, which causes those pop ups. Here’s hoping that’s intentional since the point of the track seems to be more about capturing a candid studio moment discussing lyrics rather than being a song song.
i suppose maybe it was just intended as a bit of fun and perhaps a sorta peek into the process more than anything but i guess we'll see what they do with an album track proper (let's hope the first actual track they preview is not that one with Giorgio Moroder rabbiting on! 😅😂 )

Dunno... have my upmix of this I dearly love. I will be watching and waiting (sorry) to see if this might excel.

Giorgio's track was fascinating to hear a few times. It really woke me up to his contributions I was completely unaware of. I realize the first of his music I heard of was a Blue Man Group performance by Venus Hum doing What is Love. I treasure that version as much as Donna Summers that I heard later.

Besides the various poppy poppy tracks the high light for me is Touch with Paul Williams. If you know the connection between Phantom of The Paradise, DP, and this song it is both chilling & uplifting.

Well I'll stay tuned in to QQ comments here for sure.

I guess we have to wait until midnight in the US. Any first impressions?
just messin' about in bed on AirPod Pro's at the mo's 😴🤣 feels like different emphasis on stuff, in the first track the crowd noise seemed more prominent i think and in another song drums maybe a bit less punchy than i remember but take it all with a colossal chunk of sel de mer 💦🤤 i won't know wot's goin' on until i gets ta crank it on the 7.1.4 Frankenrig at some point over the weekend 😅🤪😎

I was sold when the vocals in “Lose Yourself To Dance” started panning around the height speakers.

Bring on the Blu-Ray!
now i've had a chance to play it through several times in "proper" Atmos (7.1.4) i can say it's far and away amongst the best Atmos music mixes i've heard to date 💘😍

Anybody know if it's gonna show up on tidal in Atmos? Ill be away from my 7.4.1 for 2 weeks starting tomorrow would really like to squeeze this in before I go.

Doubtful. On Tidal (and Amazon), it is in 360.
Unfortunate idk if it's the shield or the avr but I can't play those, guess when I return I'll be setting up a Mac for apple music and ditching tidal, I've wanted to covert my room to be able to mix in anyway so 2 birds situation.

Can’t see ATMOS mix on Apple Music UK, just lossless. Is this US only?
this is the version you want.

Tracks 1-13 are the original album in Dolby Atmos.

all but one of the extra tracks from the equivalent of Disc 2 of the 10th Anniversary CD set (1-9) are Lossless Stereo.

Track 8 from Disc 2, "The Writing Of Fragments Of Time", is in Atmos.

Back