Deep Purple "Machine Head 50 (Deluxe)" 3CD+LP+BD-A w/ Atmos, US quad and 5.1 bonus (3/29/2024 -Universal)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't care for the quad, if I buy it's for the Atmos. As the price here is $120 I have to be sure the Atmos is good before I order. Still not possible to listen to the track up on AM here in Norway. :confused:

Very Fuzzy on how much of the album is included in Quad!
"Blu Ray Audio will hold rare 1974 U.S. Quad mixes and three tracks in 5.1 audio from 2012, but also a brand new Atmos mix of the full album"

Then again, I'll likely prefer the Atmos mix anyway...

Very Fuzzy on how much of the album is included in Quad!
"Blu Ray Audio will hold rare 1974 U.S. Quad mixes and three tracks in 5.1 audio from 2012, but also a brand new Atmos mix of the full album"

Then again, I'll likely prefer the Atmos mix anyway...
The entire album has its US quad mix, as per Foraging Rhino's post. No stereo option on the Blu-Ray, oddly enough. 🤷‍♀️

I don't care for the quad, if I buy it's for the Atmos. As the price here is $120 I have to be sure the Atmos is good before I order. Still not possible to listen to the track up on AM here in Norway. :confused:
$120 for Atmos only for you.

Oh and the stereo remix of course. This stuff can be expensive.

I’m only interested in the US quad mix. It is of course one of the important 70’s albums in quad from Warner Brothers.

Wondering about the transfer and mastering quality we can expect.

Long & enthusiastic review of the new box set, sure he's wrong on the new US quad mix being same as previously released......

I'd assume it's Craig Anderson again. Should be a great transfer, but his mastering is inconsistent, I find.
I'd assume the Purple People would do the mastering even if it was his transfer used. It's just the way it often works.

I just looked at the credits in the booklet. No mastering (or tape transfer) credit given for the quad nix, But it has a Blu-ray authoring credit to Craigman Digital. Ok, so that is the big clue that this is his analog tape to digital transfer, (and likely mastering).

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me, but seeing the contents of the booklet included, I think it's a fairly decent amount of content printed on nice quality paper stock as seen from the unboxing videos. But why did they not do the book hardbound style like the Black Sabbath TE, Beatles Let it Be, and Jethro Tull Aqualung 12x12 boxes have? Those books are just so classy and substantial, and could have pushed this set up a notch. And from the comments we are seeing this set indeed needed a bump up to next level. When you slide out a hard cover book from the box and hold that, if feels like something special imo.

I'll still grab the set (if the lower price holds) just for the US quad mix, but you know how it is.

Back