Deep Purple "Machine Head 50 (Deluxe)" 3CD+LP+BD-A w/ Atmos, US quad and 5.1 bonus (3/29/2024 -Universal)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Steven Wilson Atmos mixes up on the streaming services sound pretty great to my ears, though the Blu-Ray versions where applicable (e.g. The Yes Album) are better. In the case of "Smoke On The Water," I'm inclined to believe the 'lo-fi' sound is unfortunately the fault of the remix. The 2024 stereo remix in 24-bit lossless also sounds poor, as others have noted above.

No, no, no, no: we must always assume a 'degraded sound' is due to lossiness and/or streaming

Still impressed by this price over at ImportCDs:
1000005320.png

Interesting that the Amazon page describes the blu ray tracks as 'Quadio', not Quadraphonic USA Mix
Well, we know ForagingRhino wanted to use it for the Quadio series, so I imagine the only reason it was considered for this set was because the team in charge of Quadio dusted off the tapes.

$65.66 including shipping from ImportCD. Thanks for the link! (Dynamic Editor)
What’s 66 buckeroos when we’ve gotten free shipping and discount codes on previous Rhino super-high-resolution ultra-discreet, immersive-surround 4.0 vintage quadraphonic physical discs! It still averages out to quite a deal.

I'm sticking with the quad version for now until the reviews come in. I'm always concerned that an album of this genre usually lends itself to Big Stereo type Atmos remixes. But I know what I would do with Highway Star in Atmos...Oh boy, would that be fun. And if they go for an adventurous Atmos mix, then I'm in 100%.

I have the quad version which has really excellent fidelity. Yes, it has an early quad style mix with guitar and organ in the rears.

I'm sticking with the quad version for now until the reviews come in. I'm always concerned that an album of this genre usually lends itself to Big Stereo type Atmos remixes. But I know what I would do with Highway Star in Atmos...Oh boy, would that be fun. And if they go for an adventurous Atmos mix, then I'm in 100%.

I have the quad version which has really excellent fidelity. Yes, it has an early quad style mix with guitar and organ in the rears.
I’m sorry which format are you sticking with until the reviews come in? Are you not buying the new one yet because you have the UK quad already or you have the US Q4 conversion?

I’m in fact waiting for reviews on the US quad mix’s transfer / mastering job in the new set before I bite. I’m not that into Atmos for music. It’s a big box to acquire just for that damn US quad mix. I pray that they did not jack it around with fake center and sub or brick wall the levels, etc.

Holy crap, I didn't realize importCD current price was cheaper than what I initially ordered. So, canceled my early Feb order and ordered again to get the cheaper price.
Were you able to cancel w/o contacting them? I don't see an option to cancel my order on the website. Thanks

Were you able to cancel w/o contacting them? I don't see an option to cancel my order on the website. Thanks
I've canceled from them mega times. Just scroll to very bottom of their page, and click "contact". From there, it's self explanatory. :)

And, it won't get canceled immediately, sometimes it takes a day or so to get the confirmation email. But don't worry about it, it will get canceled.

Back