Dennis Weaver Quad 45

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boojidad

Wondering if anyone has already investigated this. Ovation released the track 'Hubbardville Store' by Dennis Weaver as one of their quad 45's; however, every copy I have ever seen of this has been DJ white label promo with the same track on both sides. In England, it was released on DJM records as a stereo (not quad) single with 'Prairie Dog Blues' as the b-side. My question is, was there ever a standard (non-promo) US release of this? Was the "final" version quad or not quad? Was the b-side "Prairie Dog Blues" or something else? Photo evidence would be best.

I have a promo copy of the 45, and can't say that I've ever seen a stock of that one, although it's likely one exists (Tim Neely's Goldmine price guide lists one, with PS). But that shouldn't matter, since regardless of country of origin, this was an album only made--far as we know--in QS format and not regular stereo, any version that isn't summed to mono should encode to quad regardless of the source vinyl. That goes for any 45 as well as the Lp. Whether it says stereo or quad is beside the point UNLESS--and it's a big unless--a special stereo mix was made for the 45, but AFAIK, there wasn't. In other words, any single anywhere in the world of this title should be QS.

ED :)

Back