• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

HiRez Poll Depeche Mode - A BROKEN FRAME [SACD]

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the SACD of Depeche Mode - A BROKEN FRAME

• 5:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Fidelity, Bad Mix, Bad Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this SACD release. Also, if you don't mind, please let us know where you bought it from, and what price you paid. THANKS

(y) :phones (n)

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Stevie

hmh, these really seem to be not overly popular/widespread

anyway, i rated an 8 here, mostly because of th emusic. even dm admit that this collection is a mixed bag. having said that, the deluxe treatment makes this disc fun again; the surround mix/sonics are of similar quality to speak&spell and the bonus material is great, including several live tracks in dts 96/24

LizardKing

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Just picked a copy of the SACD in the local Borders store here in NZ!!!! for NZ$34

Back when I was a young(er) lad in the 80's I quite liked the early DM albums - so these albums all bring back memories for me. One thing I really like (on all of the DM re-issues) is the bonus songs they are great!

As mentioned above these re-issues are superb. The packaging is also immaculate! So if you have any interest in DM then I strongly recommend snapping up the SACD re-issues while you still can(y). I can't believe that there hasn't been more interest/comments/votes on the DM series here in this forum, is this because they weren't released as SACD in the US?:(

Buy them!!!

I'll vote after a few more listens....

Chris Gerhard

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Just picked a copy of the SACD in the local Borders store here in NZ!!!! for NZ$34

Back when I was a young(er) lad in the 80's I quite liked the early DM albums - so these albums all bring back memories for me. One thing I really like (on all of the DM re-issues) is the bonus songs they are great!

As mentioned above these re-issues are superb. The packaging is also immaculate! So if you have any interest in DM then I strongly recommend snapping up the SACD re-issues while you still can(y). I can't believe that there hasn't been more interest/comments/votes on the DM series here in this forum, is this because they weren't released as SACD in the US?:(

Buy them!!!

I'll vote after a few more listens....
The DVD-V releases here in the US are also excellent in my opinion although the import SACD is usually even better. I have most of the albums in SACD and the balance in DVD-V and I was never a Depeche Mode fan at all until I got these. I agree these are all great, this one is a 9 in my opinion. I imported this one from CD WOW if I recall correctly and it had to be a fair price or I wouldn't have purchased it.

Chris

DKA

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I like this mix, as I like the majority of the older DM mixes but, again, I don't think these are necessarily "top of the line" mixes, and more made better by the fact that a lot of us spent years listening to these albums on cassette and first-generation CD and that anything is a quantum leap over that experience. Better than the disaster that is the retail mix of "Music for the Masses," but not as good as the mixes for their most recent albums, which is the rare retail 5.1 actually worth the money they charge for it.

Franklin

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
The SACD can still be found for a reasonable price in the UK. I haven't played the whole thing yet, but I was disappointed with the levels of compression used. See You is way overcompressed, which is a shame. I wonder if the recent Sony reissue is any better. The mix at the beginning of Leave In Silence is a great start to the album.

Group builder