DGM finally announces 50th anniversary surround deluxe set of IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did anyone order this?

I have all the other big boxes, so, yea, my last major purchase pre-retirement to complete the set. Somewhat expecting another delay announcement from Burning Shed on Nov. 9th -- to be honest, I prefer it delayed into the new year, due to the crazy postal season we're about to have.

did anyone order this?
I ordered this set as soon as I read this quote below on The Inner Knott’s online store !

“Having done 5.1 Surround Sound mixes for both the 40th & 50th anniversary editions of the album, Steven Wilson was able to take full advantage of the opportunities offered by Atmos mixing, allowing for far greater movement within the mix itself. As he put it: "I've definitely had a bit more fun with the Atmos mix, watch out for solos and mellotrons circling overhead!" While the improv section of 'Moonchild' is a particular beneficiary of this approach, the mix is very active, with plenty of ear-catching moments to offer to listeners.”

i can’t wait to hear this in Atmos !!!

Well, well, well, the wait is over. Burningshed shipped my order today. No clue about when I will receive it, I guess sometime next week

Then why bother?!
26 CDs and 4 BR plus being prepared for Atmos in the future with something that will likely be out of stock?
(those are my reasons for ordering it .. plus full on nutty OCD completionist issues)

and to simulate ATMOS I am going to listen to the 5.1 while laying down and have my wife stand over me singing and hitting things to simulate the high speakers ..

26 CDs and 4 BR plus being prepared for Atmos in the future with something that will likely be out of stock?
(those are my reasons for ordering it .. plus full on nutty OCD completionist issues)

and to simulate ATMOS I am going to listen to the 5.1 while laying down and have my wife stand over me singing and hitting things to simulate the high speakers ..
forgot to put the LAUGHING FACE on the end.....still want to see reviews before I buy.... :) (y)

a very reasonable stance.
I've already got the 40th & 50th Anniversary......love the album.....but not sure I'm willing to spend over $200 US on this....not yet anyhow

Think the 40th SUCKS THE BIG BANNANA
1604678045252.png

Back