Dutton Vocalion: What's Next?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The quad mix is fake, sadly - I did a bit of a breakdown/analysis of it in 2019. Finding out was a bitter disappointment for me, because the other Herbie quad mixes are great and it's an album I love, and also because I paid a small fortune to get one of the handful of Q8 tapes that ever showed up on eBay to find out.

A better option would be if Sony would like Michael Dutton remix the non-quad Herbie albums like Man-Child, Secrets, Sunlight, etc. in spatial audio and release those mixes either on Blu-Ray or downmixed to 5.1 for SACD.
snap! and err.. ditto! 👌😋💕🤣

The quad mix is fake, sadly - I did a bit of a breakdown/analysis of it in 2019. Finding out was a bitter disappointment for me, because the other Herbie quad mixes are great and it's an album I love, and also because I paid a small fortune to get one of the handful of Q8 tapes that ever showed up on eBay to find out.

A better option would be if Sony would like Michael Dutton remix the non-quad Herbie albums like Man-Child, Secrets, Sunlight, etc. in spatial audio and release those mixes either on Blu-Ray or downmixed to 5.1 for SACD.
I'd love some "Man-Child" by Mr. Dutton!

Give me " The Monster Mash" in 5.1!
SW, we do have The Monster Mash in 5.1 from Telarc's SCARY MUSIC conducted by Erich Kunzel! Boo 🦇

Secondary, 2 of 2

I really hope D-V has a good Fall batch. Like:

- Waylon Jennings : Ladies Love Outlaws & Lonesome, On'ry & Mean 2-fer
- Jerry Reed : Best Of, Hot A-Mighty, Lord, Mr. Ford & Uptown Poker Club (2 disc set)
- Dolly Parton : Bubbling Over and My Tennessee Mountain Home

- Paul Simon : Self-Titled and Rhymin' Simon
- Edgar Winter : White Trash & They Only Come Out at Night
- Janis Joplin : Pearl

That would fill the need for Rock, Pop & Country and keep us satisfied for a while.

I really hope D-V has a good Fall batch. Like:

- Waylon Jennings : Ladies Love Outlaws & Lonesome, On'ry & Mean 2-fer
- Jerry Reed : Best Of, Hot A-Mighty, Lord, Mr. Ford & Uptown Poker Club (2 disc set)
- Dolly Parton : Bubbling Over and My Tennessee Mountain Home
These are high on my want list. I scored the Lonesome, On'ry & Mean Q8 years ago and I play it often. It's such a perfect mix. The guitars are layered in the mix so having them spread around really makes them shine. I'd add Tammy Wynette and George Jones' We Go Together and Dolly Parton and Porter Wagoner's We Found It. Two really strong duet albums that are a lot of fun to play. These also feature excellent mixes and performances.

How long has it been since the last batch from D-V? I could use some more rock . . . especially after seeing the next round of Quadio releases. I'm happy for those that are thrilled with the batch. I'm just not one of them.
According to moderator Steelydave, Dutton Vocalion has some A list titles in the pipeline so just be patient James. I'm sure the long wait will be well worth it!

Back