Dutton Vocalion: What's Next?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
List 1970s rock in quad

I'm sure this list is old news around here. Hell, it was probably compiled by someone from QQ. I do see a lot of overlap with existing D-V releases but i also see a lot that I don't believe has seen a digital multichannel release.

OMG 🤯

The Eleventh House / Larry Coryell
Introducing The Eleventh House With Larry Coryell (1974) 😲

Hot Tuna (y)

ZZ Top Tres Hombres 🌵

OMG 🤯

The Eleventh House / Larry Coryell
Introducing The Eleventh House With Larry Coryell (1974) 😲

Hot Tuna (y)

ZZ Top Tres Hombres 🌵
Aren't Hot Tuna and ZZ Top both Warner controlled titles?

BTW, is "11th House" a nice discreet quad / 4-corner array?

O, Glory Days!

If you're a Steely Dan fan and you're on the fence about any of the "Easy Listening" titles, know that coincidentally, Jake Malooley of the Expanding Dan newsletter published a playlist today of the "fake jazz" beloved of Messrs. Becker and Fagen. In a recent interview with Malooley, Fagen elaborated on his love of the "faux-luxe sound of the '50s" that he'd mentioned years ago in Mojo magazine: “I was interested in TV music, movie soundtracks ... There was something also funny about that music ... Something funny about the jazz score to Sweet Smell of Success. Because it was like fake jazz, essentially. So I both liked real jazz and also fake jazz and also fake fake jazz.”

When asked to recommend some of his favorite "fake fake jazz," "the maestro name-checked Henry Mancini, above all...."

I guess we're not going to get any new rock releases in time for Xmas :(
Not that I know anything, but this is what DV presented us mid-December 2019:

Buddy Miles & Carlos SantanaBuddy Miles: Booger Bear & Carlos Santana and Buddy Miles: Live! (2SACD) 12/17
B. W. StevensonMy Maria & Calabasas (SACD) 12/17
The Guess WhoWheatfield Soul & Canned Wheat (SACD) 12/17
ArgentIn Deep & Nexus & Ring of Hands (2SACD) 12/18 only tracks 1-8 in MCh
Don SebeskyGiant Box (SACD) 12/18
Blood, Sweat & TearsMirror Image & New City (SACD) 12/18

We just got a huge release of material; so I'd be shocked if there was more for 2023.

How about the other supposedly unreleased Laura Nyro albums?
- Christmas & the Beads of Sweat
- Gonna Take a Miracle

Sly Stone/Family Stone
- There's a Riot Goin' On
- Heard ya missed me, Well, I'm Back

A Two-fer by New Riders of the Purple Sage?
- The Adventures of Panama Red
- Home, Home on the Road (unreleased)

Tanya Tucker's Greatest Hits

Waylon Jennings
- Ladies Love Outlaws
- Lonesome, On'ry & Mean

Boston's First Album?

Subaru is bringing back CD players on some of their models.
My old subaru has both a cd player and cassette player although the cassette section does not compare to the aftermarket units I used to put in my cars

Maybe what's taking DV so long is they are gearing ip for the cassette revival and are planning to offer matrix encoded cassettes?
POMIE QUAD
What about the Quad from English artist's
2nd opinion (shadows) Rock on.Manuel . John Keating Space Experience 1.2.3. Alyn Answorth
Aker Bilk. Norie Paramore.Denis Lopez.Vic Lewis. Synthesonic Sounds. Alan Tew
you would know about the 4D lps also MANDINGO 1.2.3.
ron

Last edited:
POMIE QUAD
What about the Quad from English artist's
2nd opinion (shadows) Rock on.Manuel . John Keating Space Experience 1.2.3. Alyn Answorth
Aker Bilk. Norie Paramore.Denis Lopez.Vic Lewis. Synthesonic Sounds. Alan Tew
you would know about the 4D lps also MANDINGO 1.2.3.
ron
i'd imagine any EMI Quads such as Mandingo, John Keating Space Experience, etc., are safely tucked up in the vault and ready to be liberated by whoever has the brass neck to put them out! if Dutton Vocalion can't make it happen, maybe if the rights are with Rhino now or something, i don't know but it'd be very cool, some fantastic mixes in there 🤞

as for any PYE Quads, i'm not holding my breath. a combination of requiring Universal to approve licencing and then search for the tapes will take an eternity, that's if they even find any tapes which seems quite unlikely but i'd love to be proven wrong as there's some cool stuff among them as well 🙏

Back