• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

ELP Fanfare Box Set (With 5.1 Surround Mixes on Blu-Ray) Coming Soon!

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
https://emersonlakeandpalmer.pmstores.co

Contents:

• The remastered CD versions of the 11 classic original ELP albums (1970-94), with original sleeve artwork reproduced:
• EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER (1970)
• PICTURES AT AN EXHIBITION (1971)
• TARKUS (1971)
• TRILOGY (1972)
• BRAIN SALAD SURGERY (1973)
• WELCOME BACK, MY FRIENDS, TO THE SHOW THAT NEVER ENDS (1974) (2CD)
• WORKS VOLUME 1 (1977) (2CD)
• WORKS VOLUME 2 (1977)
• LOVE BEACH (1978)
• BLACK MOON (1992)
• IN THE HOT SEAT (1994)

• Previously unreleased, gatefold, triple vinyl LP album:
• LIVE AT VELODROMO VIGORELLI, MILAN, ITALY, 4TH MAY 1973 & STADIO FLAMINIO, ROME, ITALY, 2ND MAY 1973

• Previously unreleased CD albums, mastered by the internationally celebrated studio engineering team of Andy Pearce and Matt Wortham:
• LIVE AT POCONO INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY, LONG POND, PA, U.S.A., 9TH JULY 1972
• LIVE AT WATERLOO CONCERT FIELD, STANHOPE NEW JERSEY, U.S.A., 13TH AUGUST 1992
• LIVE AT BIRMINGHAM SYMPHONIC HALL, U.K., 27TH NOVEMBER 1992
• ON THE BBC: THE OLD GREY WHISTLE TEST 1979, POP GOES SUMMER 1993
• LIVE AT ÉLYSÉE MONTMARTRE, PARIS, FRANCE, 2ND JULY 1997

• Audio Blu-Ray, containing the stereo 5:1 and surround sound mixes of the albums:
• EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER (STEVEN WILSON, 2012)
• TARKUS (STEVEN WILSON, 2012)
• TRILOGY (JAKKO M JAKSZYK, 2015)
• BRAIN SALAD SURGERY (JAKKO M JAKSZYK, 2014)

• Remastered 7” singles with reproduced original sleeve artwork:
• LUCKY MAN / KNIFE-EDGE (1970)
• FANFARE FOR THE COMMON MAN / BRAIN SALAD SURGERY (1977)

• Deluxe, hardback 12” book with band photos and extensive notes from acclaimed journalist Chris Welch, featuring quotes from Keith Emerson, Greg Lake & Carl Palmer

• Reprinted original 1970 promo poster, 1972 promo brochure, 1974 and 1992 tour programmes

• Metal & enamel ELP logo pin badge

EXCLUSIVE ELEMENT FOR PREORDER CAMPAIGN:

1 x CD:

• BLACK MOON – ROUGH ALBUM MIXES (PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED)

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Hmmmm
Hmmmm
Hmmmmmmmmm

I dunno. Happy, happy for new stuff. I have all the individual titles already in surround...so don't need those. My guess is this will be a very expensive box set. Bummer......I wish it were something I didn't already have.

Very cool though, lots of stuff. :)

rusinurbe

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
at £150 for what is essentially 1 Blu Ray to much for me given that they have not included the old BSS mix on the blu Ray as well as Jakko's Mix. It would have been better if they had remixed the other albums.

Now Carl Palmer is the only surviving member I am surprised the 5.1s are getting any release given his previous comments on remixes

Quadzilla

Exiled QQ Veteran
Since 2002/2003
at £150 for what is essentially 1 Blu Ray to much for me given that they have not included the old BSS mix on the blu Ray as well as Jakko's Mix. It would have been better if they had remixed the other albums.

Now Carl Palmer is the only surviving member I am surprised the 5.1s are getting any release given his previous comments on remixes

My sentiments exactly. They could at least have sweetened the deal with the original quadraphonic mix of Welcome Back My Friends ... or Pictures at an Exhibition in digital surround (instead of analog Dolby Surround). This is just another cash grab. Most of us have the individual multichannel releases, and it is not unlikely that ELP fans already have the vinyl LPs ... and let's face it, the later albums (after Works) are pretty mediocre.

DoctorO

Too much of too little interest on this one...yes, would have enjoyed a 5.1 of Pictures or a clear version of the Welcome quad...

doppelbock

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Why is the live '73 stuff vinyl only? And what's the sound quality of the '72 show? Don't need yet more copies of the original albums, and as decent as the band was in 92/93 I don't really need more live stuff from that tour as it's pretty much all the same.

$152 + shipping isn't that bad a price given all that's included.

Wonder if there is any chance (doubt it very much) that the 5.1 mix of 3rd Impression has been "adjusted" at all?

ArmyOfQuad

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
What a waste. Inferior BSS 5.1, and no quad mix of Welcome Back My Friends...

They have the quad masters, there's NO EXCUSE for this. Why are they wasting our time with a repackaging of things we already have?

Such a waste.....it's just a money grab release.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
$152 + shipping isn't that bad a price given all that's included.

Wonder if there is any chance (doubt it very much) that the 5.1 mix of 3rd Impression has been "adjusted" at all?
This would be the perfect opportunity to correct that blunder.
If they did, it certainly makes this release a little more worthwhile.

:)

Fourplay

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
I don't know what you guys are thinking, but I am grateful that they did not include some small amount of unreleased surround. This is one less big expensive box to use up my storage space and money. If there are more mixes, bring them on as stand alones. But I am hating spending $150 a shot for a single mix, although I have been known to do it.

For me, this is a money grasp, not a money grab.

My too sense!

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Maybe now somebody or other will offload the DVD-A of the debut for a reasonable price. Been looking for that one for a loooong time! :confused:

skherbeck

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
What a waste. Inferior BSS 5.1, and no quad mix of Welcome Back My Friends...

They have the quad masters, there's NO EXCUSE for this. Why are they wasting our time with a repackaging of things we already have?

Such a waste.....it's just a money grab release.
Maybe the quad mix of "Welcome Back My Friends" will be hidden somewhere on one of the Blu-Rays! ;)

jimfisheye

The glaring omissions are still missing and still glaring!

Not mentioned:
Original stereo mixes in 24/96 HD flat transfer quality for ELP (s/t), Tarkus, Pictures, & WBMFTTSTNE
(These are either lost? or being held back for some future release. Can only speculate why they were not included on the DVD releases of the above.)
The lost side 2 tracks from ELP (s/t). (Again for HD stereo masters or 5.1 remixing.)
So... was the shockingly flawed and unfinished Jakko 5.1 remix of BSS finished/fixed? (It was shockingly obvious why they pulled it from the DVDA release!)
(My guess is no. Probably the same disaster as was released briefly in 2014.)
The Works albums were recently released in HD. (On HD Tracks and as usual with no providence. Likely the real deal but... Someone who is more of a fan of those will have to chime in and verify that. But, no mention of that for this box.)
No mention of a HD copy of Pictures. Good thing we were treated to a MFSL pressing of this one all those years ago!
So the quad mix of WBMFTTSTNE is lost then? The original stereo mix too? Or one or both being withheld for something?

Cool boxed collection and if this is truly all that is left... really?
If you already have the original Eddy Offord mixes on 1st pressing vinyl and then the select few HD masters and (even fewer) 5.1 remixes already released, this purchase would be just for those two unreleased 72 & 73 offerings which are most likely awesome.

I'd kind of like to hear the story of weather or not all the unreleased stuff is truly lost or being held back for some reason.
Looks like a great collection of all the remains though.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Sorry, I just cannot get excited about this release. A single BD~A containing previously released 5.1 remixes with NO QUAD remix of Welcome Back My Friends.....and remastering the original 11 albums on RBCD when, at the very least, a 96/24 BD~A stereo remaster of ALL 11 albums would've been more preferable.

I will definitely pass on this one.

jimfisheye

If all those stereo masters have been lost, at least come to terms with that and get to work preserving what's left! HD transfers sourced from the original vinyl 1st pressings would at least be nice for a compromise. That would simply be understood and well received.

Recycling those CD copies... So, is that when the masters were lost? When those CDs were produced some years ago now? What's the story there. Accidents happen and they suck but out with the story already and lets collect the remains and move on. Obviously the MFSL vinyl pressing of Pictures would be a fine source for HD flac files!

If this is all really the greed driven thing still holding these back for a future release... Jeeze really?! I mean, I've seen worse. (The Pink Floyd catalog comes to mind.)

It seems so wrong that this bands catalog is in such shambles. I mean, these were giants with god himself behind the board (going by the name Offord at the time). I suppose that's partly because of the level we have been spoiled with all these HD master releases and SW 5.1 remixes the last few years.

Group builder