Elton John "Don't Shoot Me..." box??

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe Paul at SDE could issue a Blu ray with the multi channel mix of it. That would be cool.

If Paul could put out those EJ unreleased 5.1 mixes he would set the surround music world on fire. Can you imagine? 2000 copies, gone in SECONDS!! eBay prices in the $500 range? Mass hysteria!! Oh my! Sign me up. Gotta have the slip case too!!! :SG

DUH, Senior moment.
I already have it.
Don't get old friends.
:poop:

On more than one occasion I have purchased something I already own but had forgotten about.
On a couple of occasions, Amazon has saved me from purchasing music or a movie that I already had purchased before.

Maybe it's a senior moment thing, but maybe it's just that we all have too much shit to keep track of.

If Paul could put out those EJ unreleased 5.1 mixes he would set the surround music world on fire. Can you imagine? 2000 copies, gone in SECONDS!! eBay prices in the $500 range? Mass hysteria!! Oh my! Sign me up. Gotta have the slip case too!!! :SG
In fairness to SDE, they have increased runs for releases they knew would sell, so maybe 3000 copies in 60 seconds?

Last edited:
So Caribou is now getting the 2 LP colored vinyl Record Store Day treatment. If things follow suit from last year's Don't Shoot Me RSD release, we shouldn't hold our breath for the unreleased 5.1 being paroled from the Universal vault. :cry:

Caribou, Elton John’s fourth album to claim the top spot on the charts in the US and his third in the UK, showcases hits like “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me” and “The Bitch Is Back.” In honor of the 50th anniversary of its release, a Record Store Day release awaits enthusiasts: a vivid double blue-sky-vinyl edition, with LP2 housing session demos and rarities.

Tracklist
SIDE A:
1. The Bitch Is Back
2. Pinky
3. Grimsby
4. Dixie Lily
5. Solar Prestige A Gammon
6. You’re So Static
SIDE B:
7. I've Seen The Saucers
8. Stinker
9. Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
10. Ticking
SIDE C:
11. Pinball Wizard
12. The Bitch Is Back (New Radio Mix 2024)
13. Ducktail Jiver
14. Sick City
SIDE D:
15. Cold Highway
16. Stinker (Extended Version 2024)
17. Snookeroo

View attachment 101556
when the fateful forthcoming 'next batch' of EJ 5.1 SACDs of "Don't Shoot Me..", "Caribou", "Rock Of The Westies" & "Blue Moves" (that got cancelled and never saw release in any shape or form to this very day! 😩 ) were being discussed some 20 years ago, 'Ducktail Jiver' was mentioned by Greg Penny as upcoming SACD Bonus material and an unfinished track from the "Caribou" sessions that he had reworked with new guitar parts laid down by Davey Johnstone. i'm guessing this is finally being released in this RSD set now 🤷🏻‍♀️

fwiw, 'Ducktail Jiver' did appear on a couple of boots in the 90's, in a rather sparse demo form comprising EJ's vocals, some acoustic guitar and percussion throughout, in fairly poor sound quality, so the song itself is not totally previously unreleased but this would be its first official release.

also, it will be interesting to see if this set contains the same (ropey sounding but rather charming) EJ piano & vocal demo of "Snookeroo" that floated about in boot form for many years, or if its something different altogether.

"Snookeroo" of course was recorded by Ringo Starr (Elton played piano on that recording) and was released on Ringo's "Goodnight Vienna" album.

the rest of the extras don't sound all that enticing but let's see.. 👀🙏

Is there any indication if this is coming out on vinyl it'll get a later CD or Blu-ray release? I'm really just CD or Blu-ray myself.

So Caribou is now getting the 2 LP colored vinyl Record Store Day treatment. If things follow suit from last year's Don't Shoot Me RSD release, we shouldn't hold our breath for the unreleased 5.1 being paroled from the Universal vault. :cry:

Caribou, Elton John’s fourth album to claim the top spot on the charts in the US and his third in the UK, showcases hits like “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me” and “The Bitch Is Back.” In honor of the 50th anniversary of its release, a Record Store Day release awaits enthusiasts: a vivid double blue-sky-vinyl edition, with LP2 housing session demos and rarities.

Tracklist
SIDE A:
1. The Bitch Is Back
2. Pinky
3. Grimsby
4. Dixie Lily
5. Solar Prestige A Gammon
6. You’re So Static
SIDE B:
7. I've Seen The Saucers
8. Stinker
9. Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
10. Ticking
SIDE C:
11. Pinball Wizard
12. The Bitch Is Back (New Radio Mix 2024)
13. Ducktail Jiver
14. Sick City
SIDE D:
15. Cold Highway
16. Stinker (Extended Version 2024)
17. Snookeroo

View attachment 101556
I think Ticking is Elton's move overlooked masterpiece and could be released today as a huge single. It resonates more today, and over the last 25 plus years than it did at the time it was released.

Back