Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By Jove, I think you've got it! 👍
I do remember the pupster's post had a different cover. Something like the bride with flowers & firearm surrounded by het nutty family members.

Edit: Yeah, this pic:

1605282987367.png

Last edited:
It's showtime, folks!
1605282602757.png

This one just makes the cut for this thread with a DTS-HD Master Audio 3.0 surround mix. When the music kicks in, my front soundstage is alive! I do have some audio 3.0 mixes that i really enjoy, so i feel comfortable posting this in the Surround movies thread because of its impressive mix . . . plus, it's a truly stellar movie, imo!
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/All-That-Jazz-Blu-ray/70455/#Reviewhttps://www.slantmagazine.com/dvd/all-that-jazz-bd/https://collider.com/all-that-jazz-criterion-blu-ray-review/

I watched Apocalypse Now The Final Cut, last night. Bottom line great movie. But, I did purchase for the Atmos soundtrack, which was very weak almost non existent, except for a few flyover helicopters. The 5.1 surround was fantastic.
I have not watched yet, maybe today, but there are two items on one of the six discs that interests me:
“The Birth of 5.1 Sound” Featurette
“Ghost Helicopter Flyover” Sound Effects Demonstration.
A1hcDeuzTkL._SX342_.jpg

Last edited:
Now that I have my refurbished surround system and added Atmos I am desperately trying not to go down the rabbit hole of buying movies like I did in the early 90's with laser discs. I rarely watch movies multiple times, but these new 4K UHD/with Atmos are so cool. I have about 7 movies now and I know I have to hold back.
A few things I have noticed on the 4K UHD format, the older movies still don't equal the newer movies as far as picture quality, same for sound, the newer with Atmos are better than the older with Atmos.
It seems like war and Sci Fi have the best Atmos mixes.
Some movie with Atmos mix that I have streamed seem to be weak in Atmos. For instance I love the series on Disney+ called The Mandolarian, streamed in Atmos but super weak, almost non existent in the height channels.
Any way, I certainly don't want to become an expert on movies, there are plenty of You Tubers for that.

Now that I have my refurbished surround system and added Atmos I am desperately trying not to go down the rabbit hole of buying movies like I did in the early 90's with laser discs. I rarely watch movies multiple times, but these new 4K UHD/with Atmos are so cool. I have about 7 movies now and I know I have to hold back.
A few things I have noticed on the 4K UHD format, the older movies still don't equal the newer movies as far as picture quality, same for sound, the newer with Atmos are better than the older with Atmos.
It seems like war and Sci Fi have the best Atmos mixes.
Some movie with Atmos mix that I have streamed seem to be weak in Atmos. For instance I love the series on Disney+ called The Mandolarian, streamed in Atmos but super weak, almost non existent in the height channels.
Any way, I certainly don't want to become an expert on movies, there are plenty of You Tubers for that.

Then Markie, GRAB IT WHILE YOU CAN FOR $9.99 and read the review:

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Fury-4K-Blu-ray/200194/#Review

Just ordered Fury.
Ralphie, my freind, you have never been good for my wallet.
As my wife tells me no purchase is better than a purchase on sale.
I’ve never felt the need to collect movies; but it just seems sensible to only buy the ones you really love and can watch over and over.
For me that’s Blade Runner or The Big Lebowski and maybe 20-30 others, but that’s about it.
With broadband speeds improving, they’ll all be online at the higher levels soon I’d bet.

Just ordered Fury.
Ralphie, my freind, you have never been good for my wallet.
As my wife tells me no purchase is better than a purchase on sale.

HELL hath NO Fury like a woman SCORNED, Markie. Enjoy it!

Glad you picked up 1917. Can't wait to see it myself!

Back