Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
“When you sense those extreme low-frequency sounds, immediately hormones are secreted into your bloodstream that tell you ‘get the hell out of here fast’ or ‘freeze and play dead,'” said Coppola. “When you see the B-52 strikes in this new version, you feel them and then you hear them. It’s the difference between just hearing something and being inside a room that’s shaking. You get scared when the room is shaking.”

sounds of explosions in the distance :

CHEF
"Hey, what'´s that ?"

WILLARD
"Arc light. B-52 strike."

CHEF
"Every time I hear that something terrible happens."

CLEAN
"Charlie won't even see or hear them, man. Concussion, sucks
the air from their lungs..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Arc_Light

Last edited:
I’m a war movie buff and collect everything I can on blu-Ray.

I highly recommend a Russian movie ‘T-34’ that was released recently. Fantastic special effects and great surround mix. A worthwhile watch if you like this genre. Here’s the audio review from blu-ray.com:

T - 34 features a really nicely "rumbly" DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 track, though I noticed there was a Dolby Atmos logo on the closing credits crawl (which was otherwise mostly in Cyrillic), and so persnickety types may wonder why that version wasn't included. That said, this is a consistently immersive track, courtesy of elements like well placed (and frequently nicely panning or similarly directional) sounds of shells whizzing through the air and finding their targets. Several "quieter" scenes still include nice representations of ambient environmental effects as well. Dialogue is always presented cleanly and clearly. The film's score was a little hackneyed to my personal taste, but it resides in the surround channels quite winningly.

Check the full review here: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/T-34-Blu-ray/240305/#Review

Amazon Prime Day today... just got 20% off the following 4K movies:
-Grease
-Interstellar
-The Quick and The Dead
-Black Hawk Down
-Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
-Starship Troopers

and one blu-ray:
-The Maltese Falcon

Men in Black Trilogy NATIVE UHD 4K/Dolby Atmos $31.99 [flash deal @ AmazonUS ..] https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Men-in-Black-Trilogy-4K-Blu-ray/185990/ List: $60.00

See the source image

5.0 out of 5 stars 4K is awesome! Worth the upgrade.
August 6, 2018
Format: Blu-rayVerified Purchase

You will see an unbelievable huge improvement in video and audio with this 4K package. I have watched the first MIB numerous times and in different formats. Watching the 4K version is an eye opener and the only way to go. It's that good! The following 2 entries (MIB 2 and MIB 3 ) are just as good.

Last edited:
Boy, Amazon Prime Day is really costing me... more 4k movies I just bought at 20% off:
-IMAX: Rocky Mountain Express (I love trains)
-The Dark Knight Trilogy
-Kick-Ass
-Ghost In A Shell
-American Made

Snood picked up Interstellar - 20 percent off plus another 20percent at check up check out this list

https://www.amazon.com/gp/promotion...ee-45b8-91ed-e8540bc5dc68&pf_rd_i=18436252011

Prices already reduced plus another 20 percent off at checkout - 14.99 minus 3 bux more = 11.99 for Interstellar

Hunger Games , American Psycho and Evil Dead 4k 7.99 :eek:

Amazon Prime Day today... just got 20% off the following 4K movies:
-Grease
-Interstellar
-The Quick and The Dead
-Black Hawk Down
-Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
-Starship Troopers

and one blu-ray:
-The Maltese Falcon

Great picks on Interstellar and Starship Troopers - love me some Alien Bug Killing :SB

Boy, Amazon Prime Day is really costing me... more 4k movies I just bought at 20% off:
-IMAX: Rocky Mountain Express (I love trains)
-The Dark Knight Trilogy
-Kick-Ass
-Ghost In A Shell
-American Made

Tempted on Ghost In The Shell......i had.just bought the bluray recently though lol :rolleyes: Kick Ass is a koo movie toooo

Last edited:
sounds of explosions in the distance :

CHEF
"Hey, what'´s that ?"

WILLARD
"Arc light. B-52 strike."

CHEF
"Every time I hear that something terrible happens."

CLEAN
"Charlie won't even see or hear them, man. Concussion, sucks
the air from their lungs..."

The Arclight scene in "Apocalypse Now" (felt but not seen) is easily the lowest LFE in the feature.
And that's the 70mm mix, which according to Meyer Sound, goes down to around 30hz, while the new Atmos mix will now go to 16hz.

With my four 18" subs feeding just the LFE, this mix already shakes the house...

Finally watched my Native UHD 4K version of Field of Dreams. As a much needed antidote to the consistent chaos of world events this baseball fantasy featuring a stellar cast is simply gorgeous in 4K. And yes, I cried at the end. Daddy Issues👨‍👦

81xg9WXsjwL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Just picked up a few more Prime Day deals:
-The Deer Hunter 4k Collector's edition
-Harry Potter 8 film 4k collection (only the first 2 films are native 4k though)
-The Fast & The Furious 8 film 4k collection (also only the first 2 are native 4k)

Couldn't resist the 8 disc UHD 4K Fast & Furious Collection [17 discs for $45....I'll give those 8 BD~V discs to a friend].

Also ordered The Big Lebowski in Native UHD 4K [20% additional off at register]. That 20% off should keep me in White Russians!

See the source image

Last edited:
Another Amazon Prime Lightning Deal: Four Jurassic Park films in UHD 4K+ for 30 Bucks. I have 1 and 4 in 3D but for $7.50 each .... what the hell!

91Tu0v4fNbL._SL1500_.jpg

+In the interest of accuracy the Fake/Real UHD website has listed all available films as Native [Real] or Fake [upscaled] UHD: https://4kmedia.org/real-or-fake-4k/

Jurassic Park – Real 4K, HDR
Jurassic Park III – Real 4K, HDR
Jurassic World – Fake 4K, HDR

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – Fake 4K, HDR & Dolby Vision

Last edited:
Back